November 20, 2017, 06:48:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will ABC Show This?  (Read 1119 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: October 26, 2007, 12:37:36 PM »

From Jayski:

"Man Wins Contest to Announce Starting Lineup at Atlanta: When Charlie Spratt was stationed overseas with the United States Air Force, it was pretty much a given that he would be somewhere near a TV when a NASCAR race was on, even if it meant being up a 2 a.m. due to the difference in time zones. On Sunday, the 36-year-old Spratt, a Technical Sergeant stationed at Robins Air Force Base as an air traffic controller, will get to introduce his heroes to more than 125,000 fans at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Spratt recently won the speedway's "The Call This Fall" contest, giving him the chance to announce the starting 43-car field for Sunday's Nextel Cup Series Pep Boys Auto 500.(Macon Telegraph)(10-26-2007)"

Now this is the kind of thing the networks ought to be showing during the pre-race show, not a bunch of talking heads in the infield.

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 04:39:43 PM »

Amen, sister!!

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 05:54:46 PM »

I really didn't watch all of the pre-race show, so I have no idea if they showed it or not. 

Also, I never saw if they showed Jeff Gordon give the command to start engines.  Did anyone else see/hear this? 

It was pretty funny when Richard Petty's hat flew off the flagstand when he waved the starter's flag.   laugh

John Schneider does one of the best National Anthem's I've heard at a race in the past five years.  If only he wouldn't interject a comment in the middle, I'd give him a solid 10 out of 10 (in my ratings of the Anthem).  That guy has a fantastic voice and sings the Anthem as it should be sung - not like a love ballad like so many of these "singers" lately.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 06:50:16 PM »

Tech. Sgt. Spratt introduced Jeff Gordon, who indeed gave the command.  Gordon was shown on an in-car camera.

I agree with Cheryl on Schneider's national anthem.  It was all perfect, but he had to mess it up.  Too bad.  Typical celebrity behavior. Sad

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
shawn
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 11:42:08 PM »

I missed the pre-race show, what said during the National Anthem?

Vivian
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 01:46:15 AM »

I had no problem with the way he inserted that remark into the anthem.  I believe he was just reinforcing the fact that our flag does still wave...and his voice is so great, imo, that to me it did not detract from the overall singing.  Although he invited everyone to sing with him, I think most did not because of his voice.  I loved it...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: