November 19, 2017, 06:57:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All Star Showdown  (Read 759 times)
Vivian
« on: October 22, 2007, 08:47:51 PM »

Did anyone happen to watch the All Star Racing at Irwindale on Friday and Saturday nights?  I am really impressed with that track.  It makes for some good racing.  Really enjoyed the broadcast on Friday with Mike Joy and Dick Beregren (spell?).  Then Saturday DW was there to start the race and guess what.  That BBB has invaded those series.  But he was bearable in the booth.

Racing was good and coverage was pretty darn good, too.
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 09:15:56 PM »

vivian, i caught this both nights and was impressed with the race and the coverage...dw and bbb just irked me, but after that there was no one to promote, so he actually was good in the booth. the coverage doesn't do the track real justice tho. it is a great facility and very fast...

too bad all race coverage couldn't be this simple

ken

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
shawn
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 12:01:39 AM »

Irwindale is a great track, and the racing is always good.  Bummer about Caisse getting spun out, he had the car to beat.  Then to add insult to injury, NASCAR took his motor.

Congrats to Logano on winning, he had a heck of a year.

Vivian
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 01:12:06 AM »

Question for both Ken and Shawn...

Did you understand the two laps down thing with Ickler and then he wound up only 1 lap down when they adjusted the scoring?  I was not quite sure how that happened and thought maybe someone could explain it to me so I could understand.

Yep, too bad about Caisse.  He is one of my favorites.  But then I have always liked Andy Santerre (spell?) so naturally Sean fell into my favs.  I thought he handled his interview in an extremely mature manner.  I could not have been so kind.  And Andy was holding his tongue well also.

Great racing.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 12:38:27 PM »

We recorded the race on Saturday night and watched it on Sunday morning.  In the past, I have enjoyed this race, but this year, it seemed an awful lot like watching a Cup race.  Whoever got up front ran away with it.  First Caisse and then Logano, both of which have the best equipment.  Fast-forwarded through a lot of it after Caisse got wrecked.  What happened to him was just absurd! 

Wanted to see Sellars have a chance, but he couldn't compete with the big money team behind Logano. 

Muted the TV when DW insisted on drawing attention to himself at the beginning.  During the broadcast, he was more tolerable than his brother during the truck race (which drove me crazy on Saturday), but realized I have definitely not missed all his cutesy phrases like "slideways."  Ugh...

Cheryl
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 12:43:09 PM by Cheryl » Logged
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 12:40:02 PM »

Vivia, not sure on that either. i thought he was 2 laps down and then all of the sudden he was one lap down the the explanation that there was a scoring adjustment???

ken

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Vivian
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 08:43:30 PM »

For quite a few laps, he was reported two laps down.  Also, "if" I believed in conspiracy, then I would think this way:  DW talked about him constantly (even to the point of saying: quote: "I was afraid Logano would be a spoiler.") because of Napa (I suppose) but on DW's behalf, he did praise Logano a lot.  Then DW disappeared after that one caution, and when he came back to the booth, (it was mentioned he was away briefly) he said scoring was updated and Ickler was actually only one lap down and but got that back and was now 5th.  I think he finished a little further back.  Don't get me wrong, I like Ickler but something sure seemed fishy there.  I just did not understand the whole scenario or maybe I was just imagining things....  Undecided

Shawn?

BTW, Cheryl, after Caisse was taken out, I was cheering for Sellars also. One car, one engine all season...
shawn
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 11:31:14 PM »

Maybe he got the free pass or something.

It was nice to see sellars finish 2nd, to run all year with 1 car/engine is pretty darn good.

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 01:39:32 AM »

I conclude that Ickler got a lap back after one of the cautions and earned the other himself.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 08:32:29 PM »

Desmond, they wound up saying that he never lost but 1 lap.  That is why we were all confused and wondering why they updated or corrected the scoring after he was reported 2 laps down for about 10 laps.  Very confusing...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: