November 18, 2017, 03:01:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hearing Scheduled on NASCAR-Kentucky Speedway Lawsuit  (Read 306 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: October 19, 2007, 01:16:57 PM »

From Jayski:

"The day after the 2007 Nextel Cup champion is decided, NASCAR attorneys are scheduled to be in a courthouse trying to convince a judge that Kentucky Speedway's anti-trust lawsuit has no merit. U.S. District Court Judge William O. Bertelsman has scheduled a 1 p.m. hearing for Nov. 19 in Covington, Ky., to hear a variety of motions in the case, including a motion for summary judgment filed by NASCAR and International Speedway Corp. That motion, which asks the judge to rule in favor of NASCAR and ISC before the case goes to trial, already has been filed under seal.(SceneDaily.com)(10-19-2007)"

I think the fact NA$CAR controls all the race dates has merit, but I still don't want to see Kentucky get a race out of this deal.  There are much more exciting tracks that deserve dates.  We don't need another 1 1/2 mile cookie-cutter.  But NA$CAR sacrified Rockingham to settle with Bruton, so I'm afraid some other good track will be sacrificed this time...Now if they'd trade CA for KY, I could live with that.   Wink 

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 02:42:38 PM »

I don't really disagree with your sentiments, Cheryl. Even tho the Ky tracck is about 2 hours from my house. I wouldn't go to a cup race there anyhow.

But I'm still hoping that they can bring ISC and Nascar down a notch. We shall see.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
super61
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 03:29:47 PM »

i think there will be settlement before the court date.. nascar has too many records it does not want made public and there is no chance that if it goes to trial that it will be a sealed case..if it does go to trial, i think it will lead to the separation of ISC and NASCAR

we'll see

ken

never under estimate what an angry mob can accomplish
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: