November 22, 2017, 12:03:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Poole's Observations from Production Truck  (Read 536 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: October 15, 2007, 02:49:31 PM »

Here's an interesting article from David Poole, who was invited to the ESPN production truck Friday night:

http://www.thatsracin.com/247/story/8196.html

I agree that it had to hard for the announcers to talk while being bombarded with direction in their headsets.  Many times when I attened NASCAR races in the past, I listened to the TV feed for ESPN/FOX or NBC and heard the "director talk" to the announcers.

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 04:46:15 PM »

All that technology, and this is the best they can do?  depressing.

Sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 05:25:48 PM »

Did I read this right?  Rich Feinberg told David Poole that ratings are down in part because the post-race show is too long? Huh?

Seriously, I must credit ESPN for letting Poole in to try to counter his recent negative comments.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Steve
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 09:16:36 PM »

Did I read this right?  Rich Feinberg told David Poole that ratings are down in part because the post-race show is too long? Huh?

Seriously, I must credit ESPN for letting Poole in to try to counter his recent negative comments.

Besides, didn't NBC/TNT counter that in the past by creating a separate "Nextel Post-Race Show" when they had extra time so that ratings for the race broadcast would cease at the checkered flag? There's no reason ESPN can't do the same.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 12:48:53 PM »

Yeah, but ESPN always has some [more important] sport to switch to after the race.   Angry

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: