November 18, 2017, 12:52:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SPEED in HD in 2008  (Read 546 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: October 01, 2007, 07:14:18 PM »

Just saw this article that the SPEED Channel will go HD in time for all the Speed Weeks activities in February 2008.  Cool!

http://www.tvpredictions.com/speedhd100107.htm

Cheryl
shawn
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 11:32:47 PM »

Cool, hope Time Warner adds it

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 04:20:35 PM »

Here's the SPEED PR from today's Jayski:

"SPEED goes High-Def in 2008: SPEED will make its move to High Definition in 2008, beginning Feb. 7 with 100 hours of NASCAR on SPEED HD from Daytona Speedweeks. Topping the 70-million U.S. household mark and coming off four consecutive years of ratings growth in 2007, the move to High Definition is the next step in the evolution of a network that has added more than 30 million homes since being fully acquired by Fox Cable Networks in 2001. In addition to its season-long, at-track coverage of NASCAR, with programs including NASCAR RaceDay, Trackside, NASCAR Victory Lane, Tradin' Paint, NASCAR Live!, NASCAR Performance and Go or Go Home, SPEED also will explore opportunities to bring other racing series and special events to viewers in HD in 2008. In a move that began earlier this summer, SPEED programming is now commissioned in true 16:9 HD. In addition to the bold moves on the television side, SPEED's interactive division will raise the bar as well, with a re-launch of a completely re-tooled SPEEDtv.com slated for early February. The new site will feature dramatic across the board improvements in depth and timeliness of motor sports news and information, delivered through a new wide-screen format that is optimized for easy navigation, interactivity with mobile and other applications, social networking and customization. Registered SPEED Insiders (www.insider.speedtv.com) will get a sneak peek at the new SPEEDtv.com in early in January.(SPEED PR)(10-6-2007)"

Cheryl
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 02:44:16 PM »

Just saw on dbstalk.com that Speed HD is available on DirecTV as of today.  Not sure if there are actually any programs produced in HD yet, but will check when I get home tonight.  I seem to remember the documentaries like Beyond the Wheel and Survival of the Fastest are in letterbox, which usually means they are produced in HD.  Otherwise, I guess everything will be in what the A/V geeks call Stretch-o-vision until February. 

Cheryl
Steve
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 09:21:03 PM »

Yep, the channel has launched, but my guide isn't showing any HD programs in the near future. You never know, though, since the guide isn't always accurate about that.

BTW, Speed is pillar-boxing, so there's no stretch-o-vision.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 12:47:50 PM »

Yep, the channel has launched, but my guide isn't showing any HD programs in the near future. You never know, though, since the guide isn't always accurate about that.

Yeah, I saw the same thing when I got home last night Steve.  Wonder why they even call it HD?  What a disappointment!  But hopefully Survival of the Fastest will be in HD (whenever it is on). Thank goodness I have a season pass for it in Tivo since they move the time around every week.   Roll Eyes

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: