November 19, 2017, 03:30:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brad Keselowski and Bobby Hamilton Jr  (Read 432 times)
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« on: September 25, 2007, 02:11:21 AM »

This is something that is starting to annoy me. This has nothing to do with how I feel about either driver but how they are shown, or not shown, on TV.
 Before he was chosen to drive the #88 car no one gave a rats behind about Brad Keselowski. When he showed up in the #23 car to qualify TV went to commercial break during his run. If he was shown it was while Carl Edwards was being interviewed for the second time. During the race the only camera time he got was when being lapped by a Cup driver. Okay, you need to perform to be shown. I don't agree but won't argue. Now that he is in the #88 every qualifying lap is analyzed, every pass is shown and every fart is documented.  He has run 21 races with two top tens and is 35th in points. If Brad was chosen to run the #11 instead of Jason Keller or Brad became one of the revolving door of drivers in the Brewco stable people whould be saying "Brad who?".
  Bobby Hamilton Jr is a Busch series veteran. He has won races. He has run Cup. He is now 6th in points, second after Leffler for Busch regulars, with two top 10s after running 29 races. When he qualifies he is shown, after a commercial break, heading down pit road after his run or shown while Carl Edwards is being interviewed for the second time. During the race you would never know he was running.
 According to TV if an Earnhardt touches it it must be gold. Maybe Bobby Hamilton Jr should attach himself to Dale Earhardt Jr (please, I'm not implying Brad is leeching off Jr.) in order to gain face time for his fans and team because on track perfomance does nothing.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 12:41:48 PM »

Couldn't agree more, Brian!

Cheryl
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 02:56:22 AM »

Maybe SPEED saw this Roll Eyes Bobby was the first driver interviewed during one of Speed's practice session coverages

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: