November 24, 2017, 03:01:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Andy Hillenberg Buys Rockingham!  (Read 742 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: October 02, 2007, 09:18:40 PM »

Just heard on XM that former ARCA champion, Andy Hillenberg won the bid on the Rockingham Speedway!  This is just awesome!  To know that a racer will own the track and it will continue to exist as a speedway.  He said there would be "a major race" there in 2008.  When Claire pressed him as to what type of race, he said "as a former ARCA champion, I can't say anything more..."  So, that pretty much says he's negotiating with ARCA to run a race there.  This is just fantastic!  I had visions of it being auctioned off for a housing development. Grin  Lou and I have so many wonderful memories of race weekends at the Rock!  I'm glad to hear it's still going to be around!

Cheryl
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 09:21:11 PM by Cheryl » Logged
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 10:07:01 PM »

That is good news indeed! Smiley

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
super61
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 10:15:52 PM »

funny thing happened on the way to the boards, i got a text from a member of the truck team who was at the auction today telling me andy won the  bidding...that is sooooooooo freaking awesome. i will make it to whatever large event he has planned

ken
shawn
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 01:23:00 AM »

Thats great news, be nice to see racing back @ the Rock.

sally
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 01:24:18 AM »

Great news!!  No subdivisions for The Rock.  I wish him all the luck in the world!  Wouldn't it be great to see racing at a REAL track again!

Sal
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 12:47:06 PM »

Wouldn't it be great to see racing at a REAL track again!

There's plenty of real racing at real tracks every weekend - just not where NA$CAR goes...

Cheryl
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 01:23:44 PM »

Here's a really good article on the auction from ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/columns/story?seriesId=2&columnist=mcgee_ryan&id=3047017

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 04:41:33 PM »

I am very pleasantly surprised! Smiley

Considering that the mercenary group Blackwater USA and some real estate companies were considered in the media to be the favorites, I felt that Andy was one of the longshots.  Congratulations! Smiley

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: