November 24, 2017, 03:02:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2008 Schedule Released  (Read 838 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: September 26, 2007, 03:06:32 PM »

http://www.racingone.com/article.aspx?artnum=38277

After a quick review, I'm not really sure where the breaks are next year and it doesn't appear that they've added one to the later part of the season, which is what a lot of teams were concerned with.   I just love BF proclaiming the schedule is more "fan friendly."  What I think he means is it's better for TV ratings...
 Roll Eyes

Cheryl
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 03:09:50 PM by Cheryl » Logged
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 04:13:36 PM »

The only significant change to me is the plan to install lights at Chicagoland Speedway.  That news blew me away, no pun intended. Smiley  I did not expect them to plan to add lights.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Steve
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 10:27:07 PM »

Well, I never did like the off-weekend after week two. I would always feel like I was just getting back into the swing of NASCAR for another year when suddenly the Cup series was off right away. Hopefully the break being after week five will make this a little better.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 08:03:53 PM »

Just saw this in an article by Mike Mulhern at the Winston-Salem Journal:

"After complaints from TV partner Fox about an open weekend in early March, the Sprint Series will begin with five straight weeks of races - from Daytona to California Speedway, then Las Vegas, Atlanta and Bristol, Tenn. - before taking its first week off March 23 for Easter."

Ah-so...it IS TV that brought about this change, I see. 

I don't have a problem with it personally, just wish BF wouldn't claim things are being done for "the fans" when it's clearly being done to accommodate their [bed] partners, TV. 

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 09:05:26 PM »

I have not looked at the schedule but heard on Nascar Now last night the last stretch is now 17 races without a break.  That will not be good, imo, because there will be no make up dates available.   Undecided
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 05:20:09 PM »

I have not looked at the schedule but heard on Nascar Now last night the last stretch is now 17 races without a break.  That will not be good, imo, because there will be no make up dates available.   Undecided

I also thought that there would be one, perhaps between the end of the "regular season" and the start of the Chase.  And that one would be triggered by the near-miss at Michigan, as in NASCAR almost had to reschedule it for November.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 05:25:30 PM »

The situation with the rain yesterday at Kansas only had me thinking [yet again] that NA$CAR needs to stop cow-towing to TV's demands for everything.  For instance, starting the races so damn late!  IF they had started yesterday's race at the traditional time of 12:30 or 1:00, they might have actually have been able to get ALL the laps in before the big storm came.  Instead, TV continues to claim the race starts at 1, when in fact, the green flag didn't fall until almost 2:30. 

Cheryl
super61
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 06:07:54 PM »

they go with those 3 hour football shows because they get better ratings than having a race start at 12:30pm...these drivers cry about needing a week off...run the season 36 straight weeks... they work thursday-sunday. i work monday thru friday and then sat and sunday at the track... whaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! dont they think we all get tired working so many weeks in a row> give me freakin break.. not many jobs afford the two month vacation..........

ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: