November 19, 2017, 10:43:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inside Cup This Week  (Read 1251 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: September 26, 2007, 01:53:18 PM »

We recorded the show on Monday, opting to watch the new comedy, Chuck, on NBC live, then happened to watch it last night while eating supper.  I have to say the absence of Michael made the show quite enjoyable for a change!  Schrader's humor was top notch without the usual sarcasm directed at Mikey.  Loved his comment that he was just "two more cautions from a top 15 finish!"  Biffle took the lead in discussing the race since he had a great run.  Brian Vickers was actually there sitting in Michael's vacant seat (which will probably gall Michael to no end) and provided some good insight as well.   Grin 

I particularly enjoyed their comments on Stewart hitting Menard on pit road and about the Hamlin/Petty altercation.  I kept feeling that if Mikey was there, he'd have someone taken the totally opposite opinion just to draw attention to himself.

Funny, how I enjoyed the show SO much more than usual!  The group interacted well together discussing the actual race and staying away from personal agendas and endless sponsor plugs.

Cheryl
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 01:56:27 PM by Cheryl » Logged
sally
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 05:51:45 PM »

Isn't it amazing that the absence of just one mamber of the cast can make such a huge difference?  I was also pleased to hear Greg biffle give hisopinion about the COT and the technology worming its way into Nascar without having mikey there to talk over him, saying how everything that nascar does is perfect...the COT is perfect, and no one else should express an opinion to the contrary.  I'm not a huge fan of either Vickers or Biffle, but found this combination much easier to stomach than when Mikey is ther with all his irrelevant sponsor plugs and spounting the Nascar company line.

Sally
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 08:56:43 PM »

I have always thought Greg was a great asset to the show and Mikey was the shows biggest detriment
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: