November 20, 2017, 04:48:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Commentary on Too Many Graphics  (Read 374 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: September 18, 2007, 01:30:36 PM »

Obviously us race fans aren't the only ones tired of too much "stuff" on our screens.  This is from an A/V site that I read every day and the author pretty much sums up my feelings about the incessant need by networks to use too many graphics these days.  He's right, CBS used to be the most traditional when it came to football coverage, but obviously someone felt the need to jump on the overkill bandwagon.  I think you'll enjoy reading the comments by readers after the article as well. I'd be all for interactive choices, where I could push a button and have the information pop-up when I want to see it!

http://www.tvpredictions.com/2007/09/hdtv-bug-that-bugs-me.html

Cheryl
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 01:39:47 PM by Cheryl » Logged
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 05:26:40 PM »

My personal opinions:
*Time and score boxes may take up too much of the screen, but it is useful for checking the time and score on occasion so I am not complaining too loudly about it.
*The constant updates of other games is what I could do without (like the ESPN2 Bottom Line).  Only hardcore fantasy players and gamblers really need that stuff.
*Fox has gone overkill with the entertainment show promos.  Too many of them and too big in size.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 05:22:54 AM »

I can't comment on the HD broadcasts; it just isn't available down here, but the traditional broadcasts are and the screen is so cluttered with useless info (to me),  I'm a smoker and often step outside for a quickie, step back inside....WHAMMOO, a caution.  The network goes to commercial as cars are still careening around on the track.  After about three days, the coverage returns and it's Joe Blow beat U Sux outta the pits....about thirty laps later (time permitting) they show a replay of the caution.
Anyway, there's too much "stuff" on broadcasts and not enough racing.

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: