November 18, 2017, 08:49:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bowyer Gets First Win!  (Read 1008 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: September 17, 2007, 01:18:24 PM »

I can't believe nobody cares.  Lou and really like Clint a lot and it's nice to see him get his first win.  As much as I like him, the little conspiracy bug kept nudging me all through the race yesterday.  Isn't it just a bit odd when all the media and fans were pointing out how he got in the Chase and hadn't won a race yet.  Now all of the sudden, he puts on such a dominating performance?   laugh  But seriously, it is interesting that Clint's car was SO dominant while his RCR teammates both got lapped before the end of the race?

Oh yeah, wasn't blowing the engine after a victory a Darrell Waltrip trick.   laugh

Either way, it's nice to see a truly nice guy finally find victory lane (even if it was at such a numbingly boring track).

Cheryl
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 01:40:56 PM by Cheryl » Logged
super61
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 01:53:12 PM »

i was too tired to post it... but i am glad he finally won one!!!!

ken
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 04:45:00 PM »

Congratulations, Clint!

Maybe the car number and year was an omen...

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 10:09:20 PM »

Cheryl wrote:

I can't believe nobody cares.

I care, but I didn't think we could brag or bash.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 11:49:19 PM »

Vivian,

The forum rules state something like "excessive boasting."  IMHO, "excessive" means posting something in three different threads bragging that your driver won, as a former member did a couple of years ago (and I've mentioned to you before, I believe).  I'm not trying to totally constrain everyone (honestly) on positive things.  Just don't want someone coming on here simply saying "Richard Petty Rules," for instance.  That's just an example since he's the King and he does rule.   laugh   But seriously, in my experience, when people start doing that, you get the corresponding "No, he doesn't - he sucks..."  I just wanted to avoid that type of thing.  Does that make sense?  I don't want people to feel they can't celebrate at all - just keep it within reason.  I just don't want the forum to turn into a whole lot of comments - positive/negative about individual drivers (as I've seen many other places).  There is really nothing wrong with celebrating a bit when a guy gets his first win or a significant win.

Cheryl
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 11:56:43 PM by Cheryl » Logged
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 01:06:45 AM »

I, for one, am glad Clint finally broke through and won one.  He's been due for a while and couldn't happen to a nicer guy IMHO.

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 07:02:41 AM »

I Agree. Clint does seem like a swell guy.

PS My daughter says it is jus because I like Jack Daniels!! Grin

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: