November 19, 2017, 06:57:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This Could be Good News!  (Read 401 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: September 17, 2007, 01:32:21 PM »

For the Busch Series IF it ever happens.  Just hope this is not a smoke screen to introduce the COT in Busch:

From Jayski:

"Pony Cars Coming To Busch Series: NASCAR hopes to inject new life into its Busch Series by changing the types of cars raced, beginning as early as 2009, according to multiple sources familiar with the project. If plans go according to schedule, the next-generation Busch Series cars will be Chevy Camaros, Dodge Challengers, Ford Mustangs and an as-yet-to-be named Toyota model, sources said. Ford overhauled the Mustang as a 1960s-retro model in 2005, to positive critical and commercial results. Chevrolet and Dodge will release similarly retro-themed Camaros and Challengers, respectively, by the 2009 model year. The Mustang, Camaro and Challenger all are two-door coupes with rear-wheel drive and available V-8 engines, a hugely popular combination in the halcyon days of 1960s muscle cars. A switch to these cars - plus whichever model Toyota chooses to campaign - would make a huge amount of sense, as it would help the Busch Series have its own distinct identity apart from Nextel Cup and help remove the stigma of the series as "Cup Lite," as some call it now. Sources familiar with the project said NASCAR has discussed the idea of switching cars with the manufacturers and has received a positive reception for the idea.(SPEEDtv.com)(9-15-2007)"

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 03:32:03 PM »

I would personally welcome this move, but I have my doubts. I've seen the Mustangs race a couple of times on road courses and it is fun to watch. They have been running against BMWs and cars like that. I forget the name of the series.
 And of course, being a Mustanger, I would have something to root for. Bring back Parnelli and George Folmer. Grin

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 04:43:43 PM »

Come on, NASCAR, make the change!  These are real cars, a whole lot more than the spec cars we see in NEXTEL Cup every week.

I also think that money is behind this possible move, in the sense that NASCAR needs to sell a whole new identity to possible title sponsors.  Certainly, if I was negotiating such a sponsorship with NASCAR, that would be my main concern.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: