November 18, 2017, 03:01:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Article About Hank Parker, Jr.  (Read 361 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: September 06, 2007, 07:19:57 PM »

I really, really liked Hank (especially on the short-lived Busch version of IWCR).  I had no idea he had a sponsor bail on him for a Roush ride.  Good to hear he is happy, but he makes the point that I have about young drivers not getting a fair chance these days:

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/features/09/06/where.is.hparkerjr/index.html

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 05:10:09 PM »

I have always admired Parker for his allegiance to faith and family.  No doubt this has helped him through the tough times, especially when he thought he had a ride and he didn't.

I wish Boo Parker well in his future career as a football star! laugh

By the way, Roush did sign another sponsor, OdoBan, and another driver, Stanton Barrett, for 2003 in the #60 car, which I'm assuming was meant for Parker.  That deal lasted only a third of the season before the money ran out.  The #60 car returned in 2004 with Charter and Greg Biffle.  It's been on the track every week ever since (now with Carl Edwards, of course).

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: