November 24, 2017, 04:42:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You didn't miss anything--again!  (Read 652 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: September 04, 2007, 05:00:51 PM »

To Cheryl, Lou, and the rest of the Labor Day boycotters, don't worry:  Once again, nothing much happened at the "replacement" for the Southern 500 held this past Sunday night.

To me, the only highlights were in pre-race.  Stevie Wonder gave the command to start the engines.  He played "Mon Cheri Amor" on the harmonica, then said the famous words.  Unique and wonderful!  Before that was the sight of the Stealth bombers in the fly-over.  Cool! Cool
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 12:07:49 AM by Desmond » Logged

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 06:12:12 PM »

Desmond,

As Lou and I have told you in the past, you do NOT need to come on here and give us a recap of the California race!  If we'd wanted to know what happened, we'd have watched the race.

Cheryl
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 06:20:36 PM by Cheryl » Logged
Steve
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 12:18:49 AM »

If anything needs to be said, the race proved that even being in a "targeted area" for the new NASCAR, the race really didn't do a service to the fans. Even though it was likely due to the hot conditions, the stands seemed to be at least 1/8 empty by shortly after halfway. I've never really tracked California attendance for this race or the February race, so I don't know how full the stands were at the start, but surely the loyal NASCAR fans would have been served better if the race were still in Darlington.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 12:45:21 PM »

surely the loyal NASCAR fans would have been served better if the race were still in Darlington.

Exactly, Steve!  Then NA$CAR and ESPN wouldn't have lost Lou and I as viewers.

Cheryl
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 06:06:53 PM »

Here's an excellent article on this subject (plus some general comments about the farce of the Chase, etc). from Tom Jensen at SPEED:

http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/39966/

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 12:11:43 AM »

I have edited the post at the top of the page to remove the race details as Cheryl (and Lou) have requested.  I apologize for forgetting that you didn't want to know those things.[sigh]

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: