November 25, 2017, 10:47:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the movie "DALE" on CMT  (Read 580 times)
kath7021
Rookie

« on: September 05, 2007, 03:10:31 AM »

hi just finished watching the movie "DALE" on CMT, i thought it was
excellent. wonderful footage and interviews. the dvd will be out in 2008.
any thoughts or comments. it was encore tomorrow nite.
thanks
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 06:25:10 AM »

Do you know what month in 2008 - when the dvd will be out was there a date or month given?

sally
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 11:32:43 AM »

Though it didn't break a lot of new ground, I thought it was well done.  as a lifelong Earnhardt fan, it just made me realize again how much Nascar could use another 'character' to liven things up.  That footage of Sr. cleaning his windshield is still a classic!

Sally
kath7021
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 03:02:43 PM »

the dvd should be out first quarter of 2008 per jayski website to answer your question on the release of dvd .
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 04:16:10 PM »

I enjoyed the movie.  Anyone wanting the essence of Dale Earnhardt should watch the documentary either tonight or on DVD early next year.

I liked how they got all these people together to talk about Dale, including his widow Teresa Earnhardt, who is rarely interviewed.

By the way, this was shown in theaters in the first half of the year from February to July, in select theaters and usually in the area of the NEXTEL Cup race held that weekend.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 09:43:22 PM »

I did watch the show.  Personally, I thought it was more of a documentary and compilation of past interviews and clips rather than movie.  Did see some clips inserted that I had not seen before and realized how long it had been since he left us when they talked with Taylor and I saw how grown up she is now.  Time just flies, it seems.

I will save my tape along with others I have, but don't know if I will watch it ever again and doubt if I will buy the sound track even though I was an avid fan of his.

BTW, good to have you join us again, Kath7021
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: