November 19, 2017, 11:10:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interview with ESPN Producer, Neil Goldberg  (Read 644 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: August 29, 2007, 01:15:49 PM »

From NOL:

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/features/conversation/08/28/neil.goldberg.espn/index.html

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 04:55:53 PM »

Neil Goldberg gave me some interesting stuff.  He contrasted NASCAR coverage "back in the day" to what is on the air now.  He was also quick to credit one of his associate producers for the "in-race reporter" idea.

However, I was puzzled by his explanation as to why Tony Stewart's use of the BS word went over ESPN after he won the Brickyard 400.  He said that "the lips don't match the picture" or something to that effect?  Oh, really? Huh?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 05:08:57 PM »

However, I was puzzled by his explanation as to why Tony Stewart's use of the BS word went over ESPN after he won the Brickyard 400.  He said that "the lips don't match the picture" or something to that effect?  Oh, really? Huh?

No!  That's not what he was talking about at all!  That comment was about the in-race reporters and their crew chiefs - that they couldn't delay the audio for the crew chiefs because they are on camera, so their lips had to match the video. 

Cheryl
BrettBaldeck
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 01:06:51 AM »

What did Tony Stewart say about ESPN's Pocono broadcast? I must have missed it.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 04:26:34 PM »

No!  That's not what he was talking about at all!  That comment was about the in-race reporters and their crew chiefs - that they couldn't delay the audio for the crew chiefs because they are on camera, so their lips had to match the video.

Let's just say it was a failed speed reading attempt... Embarrassed

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 05:51:05 PM »

Let's just say it was a failed speed reading attempt... Embarrassed

Let's just say people need to read the article thoroughly if they plan to comment on it on the forum.

Thanks!
Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: