November 19, 2017, 01:30:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ESPN is better than I thought it would be, but there's always room to improve.  (Read 388 times)
Steve
Wiley Veteran

« on: September 04, 2007, 12:17:50 AM »

Even though there was obviously no race this past weekend Evil, ESPN is doing better than I thought they would do considering how pessimistic I felt about their coverage earlier in the year with the Busch Series. I mean, compared to Fox, ESPN at least makes the race easier to follow although the in-car camera usage needs to be toned down a little. I'm a bit confused about having Brent Musberger host the pre-race show and having Shannon Spake as an infield feature reporter, though. I don't know how other people feel about Musberger's style, but it just doesn't always seem right for NASCAR. Suzy Kolber, while vastly different, still doesn't seem quite right for the job. She gets the job done, but I'd much rather be greeted by the smooth, knowledgeable voice of Allen Bestwick as we now are every weekend for the Busch Series. That said, Allen is also a valuable asset on pit road. Why oh why doesn't ESPN have Allen host the pre-race show and do pit reporting, abandoning the pit studio after the pre-race show? The booth doing the entire race is a proven formula, and at Milwaukee, we saw that ESPN is fully capable of putting on a good broadcast with just the booth and put reporters.

At least ESPN now goes through the full starting grid and finishing order... oh wait; they don't. I must've been dreaming. Tongue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: