November 23, 2017, 02:33:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feedback on NASCAR Now on ESPN2  (Read 4923 times)
BrettBaldeck
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 02:20:34 AM »

I like it. The first day was rough, but it brings back memories of NASCAR2DAY And RPM2NIGHT
sally
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2007, 02:28:03 AM »

I have to say, that so far, I'm more impressed with Nascar Now every time I watch it.  This weekend especially, having the direct contrast with what Fox and Speed are doing.  ESPN2 is smart enough to have their show inside, without stupid fan tricks in the background, and not competing with revving engines or cars on the track.  In fact, they cover nascar the same way they cover all the other sports.  Wow.  What a refreshing change.

sally
Vivian
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2007, 10:27:16 PM »

I liked the fella who filled in while Eric was off but even so, I have determined I will be catching this show as often as I can.  It is so refreshing to have other points of view and other people giving them, as Sally said.  And no distractions from people with cell phones, waving or yelling. 
sally
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 10:59:01 AM »

OUCH!

http://dalyplanet.blogspot.com/2007/03/nascar-now-worst-studio-show-in-espn.html

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 12:17:55 PM »

Thanks for posting the link, Sally.  I've been reading John's reviews since I stopped watching this show two weeks ago and he pretty much nails why I can't waste my time on it. 

I really wanted to support ESPN's NASCAR coverage, but they've done such a poor job of it with this show.  They keep repeating the same stories over and over and the hosts continue to appear clueless about racing.  Plus, the "new" ESPN brass seem to think cross-promotion with their other sports is more important than real news.  Just another network who thinks capturing the fringe fan is more important than providing anything of substance to the serious fan.

Cheryl
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 02:56:58 PM by Cheryl » Logged
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 04:47:34 PM »

Thanks, John, for confirming my thoughts on the show.

The worst part of the first segment - the worst waste of a nine-minute-long news segment since the George H.W. Bush-Dan Rather shouting match in 1988 - was when, in an effort to compare the Car of Tomorrow to other major milestones in sports, ESPN baseball expert Tim Kurkjian invoked the arrival of Jackie Robinson in 1947 to break the color barrier in Major League Baseball.  That event required a combination of talent, determination, and courage never seen before in American sports.  To compare the introduction of a simple spec car to a genuine moment of history like that was the lowest blow I could think of.  The producer of that show should be fired, but of course, he won't.  After all, it's ESPN, the so-called "Worldwide Leader in Sports" but really the leader in self-promotion and cross-promotion.

There were also a bunch of other comparisons - the designated hitter, the three-point shot, and the shootout to end hockey games - that were also made, all of which were completely irrelevant to the NASCAR fan.

Where were the discussions of the sponsorship conflicts?  The rumors on the future of the #36 team?  The battle by various teams to stay in, or enter, the top 35 of owners' points by the end of this race, when the status is based on current points?

Those topics are on a real NASCAR newscast.  But ESPN won't touch them.  Too bad. Sad

Then again, what if those rumors are true and NASCAR is telling them what to say?  After all, check out the show's logo. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 05:00:48 PM by Desmond » Logged

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
sally
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2007, 03:54:10 PM »

I guess this guy is doing a regular review of the Nascar Now show.  So far, I think he's pretty much right on.

http://dalyplanet.blogspot.com/2007/03/espns-nascar-now-michael-waltrips-free.html

Sally
Vivian
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2007, 09:15:40 PM »

I have taken this show off my list of must watch.  Too much repeat info and it seems like they are trying to make a reality show of it now.  Some of the sound bites are just not for me.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2007, 12:59:24 PM »

John Daly has a favorable review about this show on his site today.  Afterwards, a person commenting on the article posted that the host last night mentioned an address where fans can send feedback about the show.  I encourage everyone who wrote last week about the positive addition of Allen Bestwick to write again to this address and provide them some feedback on what you'd like to see from this show.  As John Daly suggested, please try to be positive in your feedback:

nascarnow@espn.com

Cheryl
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 01:02:58 PM by Cheryl » Logged
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2007, 03:47:53 PM »

When I I heard on XM that the truck series was testing on the new surface at Bristol, I actually tuned this show to see some pictures of it.  Silly me, why would ESPN actually send someone to Bristol to report on the truck test when they could spend the entire half hour going ga-ga about Indy this weekend?    Roll Eyes

This show continues to be just a waste of any real fans time IMHO...

Cheryl
Steve
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2007, 06:10:05 AM »

I was just watching NASCAR Now because nothing else was on, and Erik Kuselias made it sound like racing on Monday was something that never happens. Roll Eyes
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2007, 01:06:41 PM »

I was just watching NASCAR Now because nothing else was on, and Erik Kuselias made it sound like racing on Monday was something that never happens. Roll Eyes

That shows you how truly clueless the guy is about NA$CAR.

Cheryl
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: