November 19, 2017, 07:55:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rain TV vs radio  (Read 432 times)
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« on: August 20, 2007, 01:54:21 AM »

Today about 12:30 P.M. EST I was listening to one of the comedy channels on Sirius. They had a NASCAR show and at that time the host mentioned the rain and that the track had sent some workers home early. When it came close to green flag time MRN mentioned the bad weather and that it did not look good for the race today. I turned on ESPN at 2:00 and heard exactly what I expected, "stick around we may have a break in the weather". This is the second time I've heard MRN predict no racing while TV would never dare say there is a zero chance of racing.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 01:09:38 PM »

I didn't see any of the TV rain delay show, but Lou and I did listen to the entire show on MRN.  They talked about the possibility of getting the race in from the time they came on the air at 1:15.  Granted, they came back at 2:30 and said something like "the monsoon has moved in to stay" but when a 3M guy said they'd be back tomorrow, MRN didn't make it sound like a certainty until the race was officially called at 3:00.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 04:58:23 PM »

Then again, I think that SPEED Channel was the first to mention that there would be no racing on Sunday, right as it was ending NASCAR RaceDay.

I do know that ESPN stuck around for an hour before leaving the air.  That sounded kind of disingenuous, if you ask me.  Especially if ESPN knew of the postponement within that hour and decided not to report this.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: