November 18, 2017, 03:00:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ratings  (Read 436 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: August 13, 2007, 03:10:11 PM »

From Jayski:

"NASCAR TV Rating's down: So far this season, NASCAR Nextel Cup Sunday races are averaging 4.6% of U.S. TV households, down 9% from last year and down 20% from 2005 for the same 22 races. Over the past years, each network carrying Cup races has seen ratings declines. NASCAR's second-tier Busch Series Saturday races, which ESPN2 this season inherited from TNT and FX, are off 11% from last year. NASCAR's national ratings are far more telling than those for other sports. While NASCAR's Cup races are the only option for every NASCAR-seeking eyeballs, fans of Major League Baseball and the NBA can find TV games virtually every day of the week on local, regional and national channels meaning those sports' national ratings represent just a slice of TV viewing, not the whole pie.(USA Today)(8-13-2007)"

Perhaps NA$CAR just might figure out that allowing the Busch Series to become Cup-Lite has caused a lot of people (like me) to stop watching.  And that all BF's gimmicks are chasing away more viewers than they are gaining.

Cheryl
BrettBaldeck
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 05:05:43 PM »

Things could be worse, look at the IRL ratings.

I looked at other motorsports and sports ratings, and it looks to me that ratings are down as a whole. Not just in NASCAR.

A question I have for the people who figure out these ratings is if they take into account the people who are watching NASCAR on NASCAR Hotpass, and all the people who are watching the NASCAR broadcast in other countries. All they count is the people who watch NASCAR on the network in America.
sally
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 06:28:45 PM »

Since the networks have nothing to do with any of those options, I doubt if they care.  Their money depends on those watching on TV.  To be fair, as the quote Cheryl used pointed out, if you took the ratings and attendance for every stick and ball game for every day of the week...sometimes multiple games on weekdays, I doubt that Nascar would compare so favorably at all.

Sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 07:21:18 PM »

More proof that NASCAR isn't the red-hot sport it once was, or even the "hip" sport that Brian France and his associates would like you to believe it is.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: