November 21, 2017, 11:52:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What FOX Needs to Do in 2005  (Read 2537 times)
marrtinigirl
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2004, 04:54:48 AM »

I don't think I would object as highly to the "entertainment" from the booth if they were entertaining anyone but themselves.

As far as DW being a Jr. fan, I wonder if there would be as many objections if he were a Gordon fan....
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2004, 01:13:58 PM »

Quote from: "marrtinigirl"
I don't think I would object as highly to the "entertainment" from the booth if they were entertaining anyone but themselves.

As far as DW being a Jr. fan, I wonder if there would be as many objections if he were a Gordon fan....

I'm sorry, what does Jeff Gordon have to do with this thread?  I thought when Kevin resurrected this topic on Friday, we were talking about DW and his objectivity or lack of concerning his brother.

I don't care who it is, announcers should not openly cheer for their family members or anybody.  I think that (and the "entertainment by announcers") were what we were talking about here.

Cheryl
marrtinigirl
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2004, 04:54:26 PM »

Quote from: "BAM24/25"
Get rid of DW.  He is so obviously a Junior fan.  Not that I mind but when you are calling a race you should do so objectively.  It just irked me this year.  MJ and LM are ok in fact I think Larry has some really good things to say.  I am looking forward to NBC.  I really like Alan Bestwick and they will always cut from a commercial when there is a wreck.

Apparently it is ok to say to get rid of DW because he is a Jr fan, however, the mention of Gordon gets my head bitten off.  Exactly what I thought.  It is fine for some to have favorites and prejudices, but not others.  I don't hear any of you complaining when Gordon is having a good run and DW goes on and on and on about it.  Actually, I remember a thread about "He's on a roll" that started trouble because people thought I was knocking the golden boy, yet it was ok for them to go on an on about him.  

Make up your mind, be objective concerning EVERYONE, or let others have as many prejudices as you do.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2004, 05:05:10 PM »

Quote from: "marrtinigirl"

Apparently it is ok to say to get rid of DW because he is a Jr fan, however, the mention of Gordon gets my head bitten off.  Exactly what I thought.  It is fine for some to have favorites and prejudices, but not others.

No, you obviously missed the point.  You brought a driver into a current conversation that had nothing to do with him.  It seemed irrelevent to the thread as it was being discussed on Friday.  The comment about DW and "being a Jr. fan" was made a month ago, but you chose to focus on that part in order to bring another driver into a discussion about objectivity concerning a family member.  

These are the types of things that I want everyone to avoid on this forum REGARDLESS of the driver.  When the first person said something about DW being a Jr. fan, I attempted to divert the discussion away from driver bashing, and I'm trying to do the same thing now.  

If you see it as otherwise, I'm sorry.  Since discussions of Fox are kind of irrelevant right now, perhaps this thread should never have been resurrected...

Cheryl
kgregg
Veteran

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2004, 01:59:38 PM »

Quote from: "Cheryl"

perhaps this thread should never have been resurrected...

Cheryl

Oh, so this is all somehow MY fault, huh?   :wink:

Kevin "resurrector of old threads" Gregg
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: