November 18, 2017, 01:59:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyle Busch to Gibbs  (Read 2320 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: August 06, 2007, 10:40:34 PM »

Claire on XM just said the "breaking news" is that Kyle has signed a letter of intent to join JGR and drive the 18 car.  Interesting...wonder how he and Tony will get along?  And Hamlin to tell you the truth.  Three very big egos there. 

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 01:36:31 AM »

I told Don that we would have Kyle on our Interstate calendars next year and the racing schedules they provide for us each year to give out to customers.  He just frowned and said "We'll see."

Guess I am gonna have to change my mind about not only Kyle but about Toyota as well since the rumor of JGR switching to Toyota is probably going to turn out to be true also. Just read all that on Jayski.

What a great place America is and how lucky are we to be here so we have freedom in so many things.

Yep, I am going through an attitude adjustment.  And they will all get ego adjustments probably.  Wink
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 01:40:01 AM by Vivian » Logged
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 03:21:24 PM »

Gee whiz, gang, I think that I detect a note of sarcasm in Vivian's post!!! Could that be??? Grin

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
super61
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 04:08:57 PM »

Claire on XM just said the "breaking news" is that Kyle has signed a letter of intent to join JGR and drive the 18 car.  Interesting...wonder how he and Tony will get along?  And Hamlin to tell you the truth.  Three very big egos there. 

Cheryl
those monday morning recap meetings might be like ultimate championship fighting. i can see a big sign that reads "PLEASE LEAVE ALL WEAPONS, EGOS, AND OTHER ASS-KICKING DEVICES AT THE DOOR" those three will be wrecking those toyotas on a weekly basis just to have braggin rights.  and can you imagine the razzing kyle will get from kurt over being teammates with ts!!!!!!!  hehehe next year will be so much fun, so much drama, (bill france sr will be unfrozen at the request of the mike helton, because things will be so out of control, brian france with abdicate the throne and help bernie  ecclestone rule the NEW F1)

ken

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 04:45:05 PM »

I actually think that things will work out at Joe Gibbs Racing.  Gibbs has probably dealt with worse egos as head coach of the Washington Redskins.

Kyle Busch had high standards as far as where he wanted to go after Hendrick dumped him and he felt that this was the best fit for him.

I also am confident that J.J. Yeley will land somewhere.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 06:44:06 PM »

I also am confident that J.J. Yeley will land somewhere.

Hopefully back in open wheel cars as he really doesn't seem suited to stock cars IMHO...I really can't believe the Wood Brothers would pick him up.  I'm assuming they are saving that seat for Marcos Ambrose.

Cheryl
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 06:51:33 PM by Cheryl » Logged
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 08:15:15 PM »

Ken, I enjoyed the humor in your post, but none of this makes any sense at all to me. The image of Tony driving a Toyota just does not compute for me.
 What in the world might Gibbs be thinking? Leave a championship calibre team set up for Toyota? Sorry folks, I'm getting sick. Huh?

William James
Vivian
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 08:23:12 PM »

Actually, Dick, I was not being sarcastic.  I am really going through an attitude adjustment and I love America.

Since I cannot control what those people do, then I will accept it and make the best of it even if I don't like it.  Remember, Tony did thank his fans for putting up with the **$&## other fans give them.
super61
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 10:47:38 PM »

its all about green my peeps, and we have seen that toyota will throw it to teams that have no experience, so a championship team under the toyota banner will lessen the hurt of the debacle 2007 quickly became. it is the same in all aspects of business. choose to offer products from companies that give our businesses the best value and the biggest roi. personally i cannot see ts in a camry. i see him asking for a contract release from gibbs, but then again that might be the deal breaker for toyota if ts is not part of the team
we will see

ken
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 11:37:45 PM »

i see him asking for a contract release from gibbs, but then again that might be the deal breaker for toyota if ts is not part of the team

Oh I'm sure it's a condition...

As to Toyota not being happy with the teams they chose to align themselves with.  Anyone see the news that Red Bull is looking to switch teams?  Hahahahahahah...

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 02:52:39 PM »

Actually, Dick, I was not being sarcastic.  I am really going through an attitude adjustment and I love America.

Since I cannot control what those people do, then I will accept it and make the best of it even if I don't like it.  Remember, Tony did thank his fans for putting up with the **$&## other fans give them.

Vivian, I know that you love America, and so do I,...but, neither Racing nor cars/trucks are totally free from emotion. I recognize all the pros and cons, (hell, I go by "furrin'" car plants all the time). But, I still do not like Asian vehicles, Nor German for that matter. So, the way I look at it, I'm simply being "American" and exercising my right to choose. Besides, in another generation or two, this will be a moot discussion, and all the Asian manufacturers will be fully integrated into our culture, and darn few will remember how it used to be. That is ok too, OI just don't want to help it along! Grin Grin

William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 03:26:36 PM »

So, the way I look at it, I'm simply being "American" and exercising my right to choose. Besides, in another generation or two, this will be a moot discussion, and all the Asian manufacturers will be fully integrated into our culture, and darn few will remember how it used to be. That is ok too, OI just don't want to help it along! Grin Grin

Did anyone hear the comment made by a representative for the "new" Chrysler organization about their continued involvement in racing?  He said something like "we ARE an Amercian company again."  Good for him!   Grin

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 04:29:22 PM »

What? Tony Stewart wants to leave Joe Gibbs Racing?  I hadn't heard that before.  Then again, we've seen that any driver can move anywhere at any time, so why am I shocked?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
super61
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2007, 06:14:53 PM »

What? Tony Stewart wants to leave Joe Gibbs Racing?  I hadn't heard that before.  Then again, we've seen that any driver can move anywhere at any time, so why am I shocked?

where is this information? please provide sources. no where in this thread did anyone mention ts was leaving gibbs racing.  my comment was:
personally i cannot see ts in a camry. i see him asking for a contract release from gibbs, but then again that might be the deal breaker for toyota if ts is not part of the team

if we are chimming in at least be on topic with the post or start another thread
ken
shawn
Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2007, 06:48:38 PM »

I was wondering what smoke would do if JGR switched to Toyota.  I'm not sure if he has a personal services contract with Chevy, but they do support his sprint car teams.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: