November 19, 2017, 04:00:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mulhern on ESPN  (Read 411 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: July 26, 2007, 01:03:59 PM »

Interesting article by Mike Mulhern about how this ain't the ESPN we used to see cover NA$CAR:

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ%2FMGArticle%2FWSJ_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173352137936&path=%21sports&s=1037645509200

I can't really agree with him on some things, like Rusty.  I think he's doing a professional job.  The world does NOT need another DW.  As to Petree, well, after 6 months, I still don't think he's right for the booth.  As I've said all along, I think Tim Brewer would do a better job, but then he's not "Earnhardt's former crew chief", so I guess his credentials just aren't as good for today's TV.  Wonder how many races he won with Junior Johnson?

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 04:32:00 PM »

I agree with Mulhern on the general tone of the article, but I also agree with Cheryl that Rusty Wallace is doing a good job on the broadcasts.  I also think that Tim Brewer has an edge over Andy Petree, but only slightly.

As for not asking the tough questions, what would you expect?  Especially since the TV contracts were centralized, NASCAR has kept a tight leash on its broadcasters.  Want outspoken, blunt behavior?  Go elsewhere.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: