November 21, 2017, 01:20:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ESPN's Busch Coverage from Gateway  (Read 648 times)
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« on: July 21, 2007, 02:59:01 PM »

I was expecting the worst but actually was able to watch the full hour. I've bashed ESPN for its coverage this year but this exceeded my expectations. For one thing I was afraid this would be the Carl Edwards hour but it turned out not to be. I can't put my finger on exactly what went right and I still have doubts about the rest of this weekend (and year) but for once ESPN presented something I could watch without getting frustrated.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 06:18:27 PM by Cheryl » Logged

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
BrettBaldeck
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 04:14:59 PM »

I watched the broadcast as well. I think the difference we saw is ESPN talked about all the new drivers. I think this was a preview of next week. The schedule for next weekend has ESPN/ESPN2 having all the Cup and Busch coverage.

I was pleased with yesterdays telecast.
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 01:36:12 AM »

As much as I've ripped on ESPN's coverage I have to give this weekends a thumbs up (compared to other 2007 ESPN NA$CAR coverage). Still some problems but one highlight is the spark that lights my fuse was not present this weekend. I can only hope this improved coverage (by my standards) continues.

Vivian
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 01:30:40 AM »

I watched the practice and thought they covered everything well.  I really, really liked the fact that they gave attention to some of the up and coming young drivers.  The race broadcast was kind of a different story in some ways.  They still gave lots of attention to some of the younger drivers, but too much to the Wallace family and points leader.  However, they did tell it like it was in reference to all the bumping and pushing that went on and that one crash.  So all in all, it was a good ESPN broadcast.
sally
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 02:22:29 AM »

I agree that I was pleasantly surprised at the coverage this weekend.  They did pay some attention to the Busch drivers that don't also run Cup, which was a nice change.  They didn't mess things up too much with a lot of extra crap and bells and whistles. maybe there's hope for therest of the year?

Sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 05:49:03 PM »

Another reason for the better quality of coverage is who was not there.  None of the ESPN "newbies" were there, except maybe Brad Daugherty (I didn't pay attention).  Next week, Daugherty, Brent Musburger and Suzy Kolber will all be at Indy.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 06:18:13 PM »

With apologies to Brian, I've changed the title of this thread to cover all of ESPN's coverage from Gateway.  I've given up setting up specific "rate the broadcast" threads for the Busch Series since nobody was using them anyway, but I thought we ought to clarify that this thread is about more than just their qualifying show this week.  If anyone from ESPN looks at the forum, they might miss the comments about the actual race coverage since they weren't in a separate thread.

Cheryl
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 07:57:13 PM by Cheryl » Logged
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 01:42:47 AM »

I just did not want to start another topic.

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 12:32:36 PM »

I just did not want to start another topic.

Why not?  That's what the forum is for...  We don't get charged any more for more topics.   laugh

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: