November 20, 2017, 04:45:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hip-Hop-Hippity-Hop  (Read 506 times)
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« on: July 24, 2007, 05:01:04 PM »

Finally a reason for me to drop all my USAR tickets and start buying NA$CAR tickets again. A chance to show my stuff and the junk in my trunk.

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/07/23/nascar.hiphop/index.html

Yo Yo, where do I sign up.

Lou aka "DJ Louie G"

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 05:31:48 PM »

Lou,

YOU ARE FUNNY!! laugh

Seriously, the situation is a "culture war" between the fans who were drawn by NASCAR because of the down-to-earth, middle-class elements of the sport and those drawn to NASCAR because it is the hot thing as recommended by the trendsetters, who in turn were recommended by Brian France and the sport's PR department.

Unfortunately, the evidence is that NASCAR is losing both kinds of fans.  The more traditional fans are leaving for the reasons that have been detailed repeatedly in this forum.  The newer fans either never really liked NASCAR in the first place or have moved on to more trendy stuff (e.g. David Beckham).

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 06:08:46 PM »

What a bunch of crap...Statements like this show how truly screwed-up NA$CAR is these days:  "The sport is on the right track though, actively seeking reputable talent to appear at races."

The talent is suppose to be driving the race cars, not being paid to show up and act like they care about racing.  Whether it's movie stars like Adam Sadler, Matthew McConnaughty or singers, these celebrities are only showing up because NA$CAR pays them big bucks to be there or they're promoting their latest movie or record (or both).  IMHO, neither the long-time or new fans are a bit fooled by these PR tricks.

Oh yeah, and what the heck does "dope" have to do with tennis shoes?   Roll Eyes

Cheryl "who is glad she buys Reeboks"

« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 06:11:27 PM by Cheryl » Logged
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 01:40:17 AM »

I love the part about urban youth who "choose to rock NA$CAR jackets" because of the "bright and vivid colors". Not because they are fans. Not because they even heard of the driver they are wearing and not because they even know what NA$CAR is but because of the "bright and vivid colors" NA$CAR thinks it has new fans while these folks are probably buying for the fashion.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 02:11:47 AM by drpep (brian) » Logged

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 04:39:54 PM »

I love the part about urban youth who "choose to rock NA$CAR jackets" because of the "bright and vivid colors". Not because they are fans. Not because they even heard of the driver they are wearing and not becasue they even know what NA$CAR is but becasue of the "bright and vivid colors"

I do, too, Brian.  I guess that "bright and vivid colors" are the new black. laugh

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: