November 24, 2017, 08:07:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Truck Testing Yesterday on New Bristol Surface  (Read 620 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: July 24, 2007, 03:39:42 PM »

I heard about this yesterday on XM and actually tuned in the lame NASCAR Now to see some pictures of it.  Silly me, why would they send someone to Bristol to report on the truck test when they could spend the entire half hour going ga-ga about Indy this weekend?   Roll Eyes

Anywhere here's a good article with some pictures from someone who was actually there yesterday:

http://www.closefinishes.com/cgi-script/csArticles/articles/000003/000386.htm

As John points out, I'd heard from a friend about 10 years ago that Bristol is not really 36 degrees - he worked for Papyrus when they were there measuring for one of the first NASCAR video games.  What a surprise that a track affiliated with NA$CAR would lie?   Roll Eyes  I know when we went there for the USAR race in 2004 and I walked up the track to the corners, they were much lower than the banking at Winchester, Indiana.  At Winchester, I had to get Lou to help me get down from the banking and I didn't have that problem at Bristol at all. 

Cheryl
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 03:46:09 PM by Cheryl » Logged
Lou
Administrator
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 03:43:22 PM »

Here's a photo of the banking angle:

http://www.closefinishes.com/photog/displayimage.php?album=37&pos=19

Lou

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 05:36:21 PM »

Somehow, I thought that 36 degrees of banking was too good to be true...[sigh]

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 10:20:39 PM »

I heard on XM from a Bristol spokesman that they actually admitted they lowered the banking some when they resurfaced it...however, it really was never 36 degrees.  Winchester IS...

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: