November 20, 2017, 02:41:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amirola to Ginn?  (Read 1950 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2007, 06:27:49 PM »

But I don't understand the crack about the equipment and Mark. While Joe N and Sterling are good drivers and fine fellas, they are not in Mark's class as a driver. Smiley

The crack was not against Martin but the quality of equipment/team/crew, etc. given the 13 and 14 cars.  I'm not particularly a fan of Nemecheks; however, prior to this season, he was qualifying well in the 01 car and running strong.  All of the sudden when that team is given to Mark, Joe barely makes the field and then is buried in the back every race?  I just think the existing resources were stretched too thin and the 13 and 14 cars got the short end of the deal.  Although, I don't think the 14 car EVER had good equipment/crew, etc., because I know Sterling is cable of running much better than he has since he joined that organization.  I can't count the number of blown engines he's had in the last two seasons. 

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2007, 06:49:19 PM »

I agree with the "resources stretched too thin" part. I think that happens a lot, simply because while there are a lot of really good people, crew chiefs, drivers, engineers, fabricators, engine builders, etc, there are darn few realy great talents in those areas. And of course, money doesn't grow on trees! Smiley

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2007, 04:33:18 PM »

Ginn Racing came in with great ambitions, but with a few exceptions the results haven't been there.  And it has been darn expensive!  As I heard on NASCAR Now, paraphrasing someone or other, "the best way to make a fortune in racing is to start with a bigger fortune."

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 08:37:07 PM »

If I can offer an opinion on the Mark situation, then I would say that possibly, no matter what they say, some drivers do seem to get better equipment than their team mates.  He is a good driver but so are Sterling and Joe.  Maybe it all goes back to team chemistry.

One reason I tend to believe it is partially equipment is because of the Burton/Ku Busch situation at Roush before Burton finally left.  Ku Busch left, then all of a sudden it was Biffle on a roll, but now it seems Edwards in that position as Biffle goes only so-so.  I think we would all agree that they are all good drivers whether we are fans of any of them or not.

Not really sure what makes it appear as if it could be better equipment, but that scenario seems to keep repeating over and over.  If one looks at other teams, they all seem to occasionally appear that way.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 08:46:26 PM by Vivian » Logged
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2007, 09:19:14 PM »

You know, a lot of folks feel that one driver gets better eqipment than others on a team, but I don't think so. Throughout the ups and downs at Roush, Matt Kenseth has been prety steady, primarily because, I think, he and the 17 team have some unusually gifted people on the crew and in Robbie, his crew chief. Over time, the really good ones get it turned around, such as Jeff Gordon, K Busch and others.
  The driver in whom I really had faith to turn it around who has not is Bobby LaBonte. I still hope that he does, but he has one heckuva dry spell.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2007, 04:54:40 PM »

The driver in whom I really had faith to turn it around who has not is Bobby LaBonte. I still hope that he does, but he has one heckuva dry spell.

Nothing against the Pettys, but they really don't have very good equipment.  And really haven't for some time now...  After the first season when Dodge returned, it was clear that PE was at the very bottom of the pecking order with the manufacturer. 

Cheryl
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2007, 01:00:35 PM »

We were down in Kenly, NC for the USAR Hooters Pro Cup race at Southern National Raceway Park this past weekend and wandering around the pit area and hanging out with the Mark McFarland team was none other than Aric Amirola himself. Guess he didn't want to watch the Busch race from Gateway either :-)

Lou

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2007, 03:09:04 PM »

We were down in Kenly, NC for the USAR Hooters Pro Cup race at Southern National Raceway Park this past weekend and wandering around the pit area and hanging out with the Mark McFarland team was none other than Aric Amirola himself. Guess he didn't want to watch the Busch race from Gateway either :-)

Beside Amirola, Shane Huffman and Danny O'Quinn were also at the race at Kenly.  But here's a "famous" TV "personality" who doesn't look too happy to be caught cheating on NA$CAR in order to find some actual racing:

http://public.fotki.com/racerap/photos-from-the-nat/img0534.html

We didn't take this photo; Lou just happened to find it among several taken by some folks from racerap.com.  There was an Allison Legacy race before our event, so I'm assuming he was there helping with his son's team.

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2007, 09:55:13 PM »

Cheryl said:

But here's a "famous" TV "personality" who doesn't look too happy to be caught cheating on NA$CAR in order to find some actual racing

I don't understand why you say he is cheating on Nascar.  They all go out looking at drivers in other series in order to recruit or hire for Nascar teams, don't they? Huh?
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2007, 10:17:28 PM »

I don't understand why you say he is cheating on Nascar.  They all go out looking at drivers in other series in order to recruit or hire for Nascar teams, don't they? Huh?

Oh Vivian, I was just being very sarcastic.   laugh  It's basically because we've heard/seen that NA$CAR doesn't want any of their people to even acknowledge that USAR exists these days.  They seem to feel threatened by the good racing USAR produces.  As opposed to the follow-the-leader, short races with no pit stops in their developmental series:  Busch East and West. 

Cheryl

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: