November 20, 2017, 01:32:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aaron Fike  (Read 705 times)
Vivian
« on: July 09, 2007, 09:46:52 PM »

Surprised no one mentioned this.  He and financee arrested and jailed for drugs in vehicle.  Article is on Jayski but I forgot to copy for the link.
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 10:52:54 PM »

I read about it in the paper. Sad. Sad

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
shawn
Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 11:30:59 PM »

I saw this yesterday and I'm sure he'll be getting suspended from NASCAR.

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 05:15:42 PM »

You wanted the text from Jayski, Vivian, so here it is:

Truck Series Driver Arrested - Drugs Involved UPDATE Green to drive at Memphis: Mason [Ohio] Police said NASCAR driver, Aaron Fike, was arrested at Kings Island this weekend. It happened in the parking lot Saturday afternoon. According to police , Fike struck a Kings Island security officer with the side mirror of his car as he drove away. When Mason police arrived on the scene, they found heroin inside his SUV as well as syringes and spoons with residue. Fike was not alone. He had a woman with him, by the name of Cassandra Davidson. Both were arrested on drug possession charges and taken to the Warren County Jail. Fike, 24, is a driver of the #1 Toyota Tundra Craftsman Truck Series. He's currently ranked eighth in the series.(WCPO.com)
AND Fike, who drives the #1 Red Horse Racing Toyota and is eighth in the series standings, could be suspended from competition, pending a NASCAR investigation. "Once we know all the facts, we will make a decision on his participation in NASCAR going forward," NASCAR spokesman Ramsey Poston said July 8. Fike and Davidson were being held with no bond and had an initial court appearance scheduled for July 10. The police sent the substances found inside the vehicle to a lab for testing. "We were made aware of this incident this afternoon," said Red Horse Racing's general manager and owner, Tom DeLoach, in a statement July 8. "We are working with NASCAR to obtain further information on the incident and will release more information as the facts become available to us."(SceneDaily.com)(7-8-2007)
UPDATE: Red Horse Racing announced that David Green will be behind the wheel of the #1 RFMS/Red Horse Racing Toyota for the Built Ford Tough 225 presented by the Greater Cincinnati Ford Dealers on Saturday night at Kentucky Speedway. Red Horse Racing's decision to have Green pilot the #1 RFMS/Red Horse Racing Toyota this weekend comes following the arrest of Aaron Fike. "We are still investigating to get first hand information on what happened with Aaron," said General Manager and Team Owner, Tom DeLoach. "We don't expect to have any definitive answers on the events leading up to Aaron's arrest until later this week." Green has ran in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series four times [1995-1997 with a best finish of 8th at Nazareth in 1997].(Red Horse Racing PR)(7-9-2007)

Very sad story.  Interestingly, Fike was the only driver in the top-10 of the standings who was younger than 30 years old.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 05:25:22 PM »

Very sad story. 

I guess I find it sad that someone on what I consider hardcore drugs was out there driving around endangering 35 other drivers every week.   I don't much about drugs, but heroin is defintely an addiction that affects every aspect of your life and judgment.

Cheryl
shawn
Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 01:01:36 AM »

NASCAR has suspended him and his girl friend indefinitely

Vivian
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 09:20:55 PM »

Wonder if they had done any tests prior to this and if there are records on file regarding the tests.  Or is Nascar just suspending based on the arrest and the alleged use.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 09:35:47 PM »

Wonder if they had done any tests prior to this and if there are records on file regarding the tests.  Or is Nascar just suspending based on the arrest and the alleged use.

I'm almost positive it is only because of the arrest and notarity it brough to the sport.  From what I heard on XM, he was suspended for the old reliable "actions detrimental to stock car racing."  In this case even if he's proven innocent or basically cuts a deal not to do hard time, the publicity for the sport was bad.  Can't say that I blame them in this instance. 

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: