November 19, 2017, 03:31:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An Attempt to Make the Stands Look Full  (Read 555 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: July 07, 2007, 02:17:36 PM »

It's well known that the backstretch at Daytona is usually not filled for the summer race, so this is quite interesting:

from Jayski:

"Busch Race postponsed until Saturday Tix Info: The Winn-Dixie 250 presented by PepsiCo has been postponed and been rescheduled for Saturday morning at 9 :00am/et. The following are the ticket procedures for Saturday, July 7 at Daytona International Speedway:
* Both Winn-Dixie 250 presented by PepsiCo tickets and Pepsi 400 tickets will be honored.
* If a ticket holder has only a Winn-Dixie 250 ticket, they can view the Pepsi 400 from the Superstretch.
* The Pepsi 400 ticket has priority over any Winn-Dixie 250 ticket for Saturday night's Nextel Cup race."

I've been to couple of races where the Busch (or truck) race was run on the same day as the Cup race and this has NEVER happened before!  At both Dover and Charlotte, they completely cleared out the stands after the first race and made folks file back in with tickets for the race scheduled that day.  IMHO, ISC is doing everything they can to make the stands look fuller for tonight's race.  Can't let it look like "the Crown Jewel" isn't sold out for TV tonight.  Especially not with all the promotion for next year's 50th 500...

Cheryl
super61
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 03:55:37 AM »

hell, they paid to put cars in the busch field, you know they had to give away seats for the BIG tv show on TNT

ken
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 02:37:01 PM »

Hahahaha!  Even with giving free access to the backstretch, the stands back there still didn't look very full. 

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 02:48:31 PM »

Ha Ha yourself, Cheryl! Grin  Baby Brian himself could offer me an all expenses paid trip to that race, but if I had to sit on the backstretch, I would turn it down. Have you ever been in Florida in July? No way for me. I was there once in late June. Never again.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 05:12:32 PM »

Wow.  I have always thought that the Pepsi 400 was an advance sellout, just as the Daytona 500 is.  NASCAR/ISC can only blame themselves for charging high prices for a declining product.  Although this year's two close finishes could help them advertise for next year.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 05:29:42 PM »

Wow.  I have always thought that the Pepsi 400 was an advance sellout, just as the Daytona 500 is.  NASCAR/ISC can only blame themselves for charging high prices for a declining product.

Or for overbuilding the grandstands?  As Dick said, nobody I've ever talked to wants to sit in those backstretch seats at Daytona...

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: