November 20, 2017, 08:34:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ratings...again  (Read 562 times)
sally
« on: July 12, 2007, 06:01:24 PM »

TV ratings for the July 1 Nextel Cup race at New Hampshire were down 15 percent from the same race last year, according to Nielsen Media Research.

The July 1 Lenox Industrial Tools 300 received a 4.1 national rating on TNT, down from a 4.8 on the same network a year ago. The race was the most viewed sports event of the weekend, however.

The June 30 Busch Series race at New Hampshire received a 1.7 rating on ABC. Last yearís race drew a 1.7 as well but was telecast on TNT. Ratings for Speed Channelís broadcast of the Truck Series race June 30 from Memphis were up 25 percent over a year ago.

With many races showing dips in the double digits (and only 6 of the 18 races so far sold out), and the souvenir business going down the tubes, one has to be amazed at the ability of BF to stand in front of the press and tell everyone how rosy everything is in Nascar.
Sally
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 09:32:48 PM »

I think ratings are going to continue dipping throughout the rest of the season and unless they make changes next season, the trend will continue.   
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 02:44:46 PM »

I think ratings are going to continue dipping throughout the rest of the season and unless they make changes next season, the trend will continue.   

And changes are why I do not find much humor in the ratings decline. We know the changes will be for the casual fan and I can only wonder if the races will be timed events someday or if they will be broken into quarters or some stupid idea to be more like football or baseball.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 04:12:23 PM »

With many races showing dips in the double digits (and only 6 of the 18 races so far sold out), and the souvenir business going down the tubes, one has to be amazed at the ability of BF to stand in front of the press and tell everyone how rosy everything is in Nascar.

I know that three of the sold-out races are the Daytona 500, Las Vegas, and Bristol.  Maybe the Coca-Cola 600 is another.  What are the others?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 04:50:54 PM »

I know that three of the sold-out races are the Daytona 500, Las Vegas, and Bristol.  Maybe the Coca-Cola 600 is another.  What are the others?

"Sold out" and full grandstands are entirely different things...

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 08:27:59 PM »

Like Brian said, I am also afraid they will eventually become timed events like some in other series already are.  I truly believe the best days of Nascar and racing are over.  Cry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: