November 20, 2017, 11:59:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DirecTV Hot Pass Supposedly Free Tomorrow  (Read 617 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: July 06, 2007, 01:19:54 PM »

Got an email from DirecTV that Hot Pass is suppose to be free tomorrow.  This sounds a little more certain than the last time the producer talked about it being free on XM.  Here's the information for those of us with DirecTV:

Watch the FREE Preview
Saturday, July 7, 2007
Coverage Starts: 8:09 pm ET
Green Flag: 8:19 pm ET
Channels 794 799

This week's drivers:

Edwards
Martin
J. Gordon
Stewart
Earnhardt

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 08:19:17 PM »

Thanks, Cheryl.  I may have to check one of them out.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 10:47:02 PM »

Thanks, Cheryl.  I may have to check one of them out.

Yep, I know you'll be locked onto Mark Martin's channel all night long.   laugh

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 11:08:12 PM »

I just hope that DirecTV is right this time around!  Anyway, I'll be out of the house and I have already taped the TNT telecast, so I'll miss this one unfortunately.  I'll see the Shortcuts, though.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 01:29:07 AM »

Somehow I missed Mark's name on that list.  Glad you told me so I can catch him...  Grin
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 05:57:04 PM »

As promised above, I saw the shortcuts last night.

A much different sound from what I heard in February due to the addition of the in-car audio and team communications.  Also, NASCAR has added the copyright notice at the end.

Don't know if this was karma, a curse, or just bad vibes, but the channel on which Darrell Waltrip appeared went through three different drivers (Stewart, Harvick, and Yeley).  BBB was simulcast on all five channels at the drop of the green flag. Evil

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 06:04:14 PM »

Don't know if this was karma, a curse, or just bad vibes, but the channel on which Darrell Waltrip appeared went through three different drivers (Stewart, Harvick, and Yeley).  BBB was simulcast on all five channels at the drop of the green flag. Evil

I planned to record Carl's channel on the DVR and when I heard DW on there, I switched to Gordon.  Then later in the race, went into the other room to see if I could get Hot Pass on the older Tivo.  When I switched to Carl on there, it was Jeff Hammond and Wendy Venturini doing his play-by-play, so then I hit record. 

I guess because of some relation with Fox, SPEED, and News Corp, DW got to over ride every channel.  How disgusting!  I cannot imagine actually paying to hear his crap.

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: