November 24, 2017, 04:51:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Great Article by John Daly  (Read 468 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: July 04, 2007, 06:21:56 PM »

http://dalyplanet.blogspot.com/2007/07/nascar-mid-season-tv-report.html

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 09:00:13 PM »

Great article.  I totally agree about the hosts.  Alan Bestwick is so good and I would watch more if he were the host or more involved in some of the shows.  I think they are just trying to attract the casual fan who only relates to other sports and their media people. Huh?
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 11:14:11 PM »

John is not afraid to be blunt, which is why he is such a welcome presence onto the scene this year. Smiley

I have watched races on TV for many years, and I have often noticed how different the announcers are.  The racing broadcasters have traditionally done only racing.  (A few exceptions: Keith Jackson called some of the Winston races, and Al Michaels once did the Indy 500.)  But when the new TV contracts were signed, beginning in 2001, Fox decided to reach out to non-racing sportscasters and now ESPN and TNT have followed suit.

Now, we see the results of what they have done.  It just doesn't sound right.  Now I know why the voices were different and distinctive from those covering baseball, football and/or basketball.  It took someone with a special kind of expertise to relate to the sport and NASCAR in particular.  That distinction is now gone. Sad

Thanks, John, for reminding me.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: