November 19, 2017, 06:56:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bestwick to Host Busch Pre-Race Show from Daytona  (Read 703 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: July 03, 2007, 03:47:56 PM »

From the Daly Planet:

"ESPN has just announced that Allen Bestwick will be replacing Brent Musburger as the host of NASCAR Countdown this week on Friday night in Daytona. NASCAR Countdown is the infield studio pre-race show for the Busch Series."

Grin

Allen is a class act that deserves this job.  I just wish ESPN would find some damn consistency in using these experienced and wonderful NASCAR veterans and ditch people who have no background covering the sport!

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 05:25:50 PM »

Allen is a class act that deserves this job.  I just wish ESPN would find some damn consistency in using these experienced and wonderful NASCAR veterans and ditch people who have no background covering the sport!

Cheryl, there is no consistency at ESPN, period.  So far this year, the network has used two play-by-play announcers, three booth analysts, six pit reporters, and five studio hosts! Shocked

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
BrettBaldeck
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 06:30:14 PM »

Here a little more information. On Jamie Littles official website she says she will be covering NASCAR every weekend until the end of the season. She will be covering 48 races (Busch and Cup).

It looks to me like ESPN is giving some of the staff weeks off so they can basically rest up for when the Cup Series makes it debut. I think once ESPN has the Nextel Cup Series coverage, we will be seeing the same people every week.
Benson23Fan
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 07:11:37 AM »

Yes, both Brent Musburger and Suzy Kolber will be a part of all 17 Nextel Cup telecasts along with the established booth and pit team.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 11:47:56 AM »

Oh goody...

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 02:56:13 PM »

I have 5 months left of free Sirius coverage. My "investment" in a Sirius radio is looking beteer and better all the time! Grin

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 03:44:22 PM »

Yes, both Brent Musburger and Suzy Kolber will be a part of all 17 Nextel Cup telecasts along with the established booth and pit team.

Brenden, I can remember the Daytona and Las Vegas races earlier in the season, when Musburger was all alone in what looked like a lifeguard's chair overlooking one of the turns while Chris Fowler was in the ground floor studio.  I found it symbolic of something, but I still don't know what. Roll Eyes

Anyway, I assume that we will see something similar.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: