November 20, 2017, 10:01:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New SPEED "Promos"  (Read 405 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: July 02, 2007, 02:40:55 PM »

I see John Daly has a scathing article about the new bimbo SPEED has hired to  promote some new non-racing crap shows.  All I know is I got enough of her during the portion of the truck race we actually watched live Saturday night.  The truck series coverage may be getting higher ratings on SPEED, but the bits of racing they show between commercials is just pathetic.  Then to top it off with this bimbo over and over again was too much for me.  I think I'll be tivoing all the truck races in the future, so I can ff'd through these promos and get done watching the "coverage" in about an hour.  As it is, the truck races keep being shown later and later anyway.  Saturday, I don't think the green flag fell until 9:45 or something.  We watched until about 11 and then tivoed the rest to watch yesterday morning.  Thankfully, without all the bimbo's commercials.  I don't know who is in charge at SPEED now, but they really need to rethink this new group of programs AND their new advertising campaign.  Maybe the 18-25 demographic of non-race fans love this kind of stuff, but they're driving the rest of us away from their channel.  Obviously, based on Daly's article, women and men both.

Cheryl
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 05:32:29 PM by Cheryl » Logged
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 05:31:02 PM »

Is this SPEED Channel or the Celebrity Car Refinishing Network? Roll Eyes

As for the continued use of the model in the ads, all I can say is: sex sells.  I wish it wasn't true, but it is. Angry

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: