November 19, 2017, 07:47:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyle Petty's "Whoops"  (Read 430 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: June 29, 2007, 12:41:29 PM »

Being that he's a Petty, I seriously doubt Kyle will get penalized for what slipped out during his in-car "commentating" on Sunday.  Besides the fact, TNT was so inept as to not censor it before they replayed his comments.  Of course, it didn't stop NASCAR for fining Todd Parrott for a similar comment when "micced up" with ESPN in 2000.  I still think that was absurd as it was again the network's fault for not having a 6-second delay. 

Anyway, here's Kyle very funny apology and explanation as to why he said what he said:

"I'm sorry it got as far as everyone's living room. But when an incident happens that early in the race and it's unexpected, what I said pretty much described it."

I was listening to the race on MRN when this occured, but I can imagine it's hard to censor yourself when things happen on the track.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 04:29:15 PM »

If anyone should be fined and "docked points," it is the producer and director of the broadcasts.  Not only for that incident, but for the entire season so far.  I expected better once Fox gave way to TNT, but instead we get, among other things, the revolving studio and the abbreviated post-race show. Evil

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
BrettBaldeck
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 05:21:40 PM »

At least Petty admited that he said the word. TNT said it could have been any driver involved in the incident. But if you listen to it, the audio is as clear as day, so we knew it was petty. Once again TNT doesn't admit they made a mistake.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: