November 19, 2017, 10:41:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Wide Open Coverage"  (Read 658 times)
BrettBaldeck
« on: June 25, 2007, 02:23:41 AM »

TNT did alot of advertisiing for their "Wide Open Coverage" at Daytona in a few weeks. It sounds really nice, but one thing that caught my attention was they said it will be presented in a Wide Screen Format. If memory serves me correctly doesnt that me it will be like a movie and the top and bottom of the screen will be black? If so that is a big no no. I want to see the race on my whole TV Set, not just the middle.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 12:49:24 PM »

I'm pretty sure they just meant the typical 16 X 9 "widescreen" format used for HDTV  (as opposed to the 4 X 3 used for standard definition broadcasts).

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 07:36:36 PM »

I notice they don't mention whether thst coverage will show more than 2 cars cross the finish line, or give a complete, final finishing order.
Enjoyed this frm David Poole:
 Races keep starting later and later and the excuse you keep hearing is that’s so television can get better ratings, especially from viewers out here in the West. Based on the ratings decline we’ve seen in the past couple of years, how’s that plan working?

Sally
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: