November 22, 2017, 07:32:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wind Tunnel  (Read 2994 times)
Vivian
« on: February 20, 2004, 12:32:31 AM »

Dave has said the last 2 nights that DW is paying him $40K each time he promotes his book for him and I think DW is way too tight with money to do that plus he does enough promoting himself.
What do ya'll think?
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 01:43:46 AM »

I agree.  I doubt DW is paying him that much.  It's probably some deal he worked out with Speed to promote it since they are owned by Fox.

It's not a wonder that Fox let's DW takeover on the broadcasts.  I read on Jayski yesterday that his book has already sold 90,000 copies in about a week.  Jeesh!

Cheryl
Lou
Administrator
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 01:17:50 PM »

Quote from: "Cheryl"
I read on Jayski yesterday that his book has already sold 90,000 copies in about a week.

I didn't think DW had that many fans who could read  :lol:

Sorry, couldn't help myself...

Louski

Vivian
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 09:04:27 PM »

Lou, you crack me up  :lol:
sally
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 10:34:15 PM »

Vivian,
   It wouldn't surprise me if DW paid Dave something to tout his book.  He's all into making money now, since he races when purses were lower.  MY problem is with the qualifying coverage!  In less than 1/2 an hour DW had started singing already!  We got all the chit chat that has little to do with what's happening on the track. :x   This gets old in a big hurry!
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2004, 01:20:48 AM »

Oh man, Sally!  You are not kidding about qualifying.  I ended up muting a lot of the qualifying every time DW went off on a tangent, which seemed like the majority of the time by halfway through the show.  

Conversely I found Busch qualifying to be just fine.  Wonder why?  Oh yeah, DW was still back in the motorhome drinking 20 cups of coffee so he'd be all wound up for Cup qualifying.

What about that Johnny Benson grabbing the pole for the Busch race?  Way to go JB!  And then David Green getting third.  I was on top of the world until Cup quals came on and the mouth of the south kicked in.  

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2004, 02:36:30 AM »

Ohhhh.....crap!  Glad I have to tape so I can ff and mute and just catch the highlights.  I am sure I won't be watching the tape of Trackside if DW is on it.  Now I really, really dread Sunday.  Do you thing Busch and trucks will accumulate more fans now?
Probably won't talk to you all until Monday so have a good weekend.
 Smiley
sally
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2004, 01:27:12 PM »

Is it me, or was that one of the most boring Trackside's I've ever seen?David Stremme is a nice guy, but the crew kept asking the same boring questions, and the live audience just doesn't work for me.  Why didn't someone in Security shove that obnoxious whistle down the throat of whomever kept blowing it?  Wait.  Maybe they were just trying to drown out all the stupid chatter from DW and the boys! :roll: It's gonna be a LONG season till NBC takes over again, isn't it?
Vivian
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2004, 06:26:04 PM »

I must confess, I did watch part of it.  But like you, Sally, I can't get enthused about the live audience.   :wink:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: