November 25, 2017, 12:55:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cup qualifying  (Read 495 times)
super61
« on: June 15, 2007, 08:19:05 PM »

was OVERJOYED to see that F1 practice bumped live starting coverage of cup qualifying!!!!!!!!!!!!!  i have a feeling that bill jr. rolled over in his grave this afternoon....

ken
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 11:23:46 PM »

Both USA Today and Jayski listed the start time as 3:30 P.M. and that is when they came on the air. I wonder if they meant to show it on tape delay but a problem forced them to go live. Actual qualifying start time was 3:10 P.M., 20 minutes before airtime, and when quals were over they had 20 minutes to kill.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
BrettBaldeck
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 04:28:22 PM »

On my digital TV set it said that qualifying should have started at 3:00 PM ET. But I think a couple days, or a day, before qualifying SPEED realized that qualifying couldnt be shown until 3:30 PM ET, and quickyl changed their schedule. They said in the practice show that qualifying will be shown at 3:30 PM ET. But like I said, my TV said it should begin at 3:00.

SPEED should consider SPEED2, like ESPN has ESPN2.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 05:54:31 PM »

SPEED should consider SPEED2, like ESPN has ESPN2.

I disagree, Brett.  I just think there was a communication problem between Michigan International Speedway, NASCAR, and SPEED Channel.  Qualifying should have been delayed until 3:40 p.m. Eastern.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: