November 25, 2017, 12:40:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great interview....  (Read 552 times)
sally
« on: June 18, 2007, 08:46:13 PM »

sith Bob Baher, who owns NH.

http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070617/REPOSITORY/906170354/1007/SPORTS

Sally
Lou
Administrator
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 11:00:21 PM »

I'll give Bahre a 1/2 a credit point for his opinion on Waltrip but until he changes his view on North Wilkesboro he will be just as detrimental to the sport as he thinks DW is...

Lou

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 11:54:06 PM »

What Lou said...

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 05:46:37 PM »

I love Bob Bahre's straight-shooting style.  We need more of that. 

But as Cheryl and Lou, I would love him even more if he gave up one of his dates back to North Wilkesboro so that I could see a NASCAR race there.  I have only heard about how good the racing was there and never got to actually see it, even on television.

Don't look for that to happen anytime soon, though.  Especially since the September race, which was there, is now part of the Chase.  And besides, it's near Boston, so it serves NASCAR to hold this event near a big city. Sad

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 05:59:41 PM »

But as Cheryl and Lou, I would love him even more if he gave up one of his dates back to North Wilkesboro so that I could see a NASCAR race there. 

Oh, Lou and I have no illusions that Bahre would ever give his stolen Winston Cup date back to NW.  That is not going to happen.  We'd just like to see him agree to reopen the track for any kind of racing.  Co-owner, Bruton Smith, has said more than once he'd be willing to reopen the track for late models, USAR, etc, but Bahre has gone on record saying he wouldn't open it again "during his lifetime" or something like that or that it could rot for all he cares. Because of that attitude, I'll always dislike the man.  It's just a travesty to have a short track sitting their idle and with grass growing up through the pavement because of his ego.

Cheryl
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 06:46:42 PM by Cheryl » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: