November 25, 2017, 02:51:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Curmudgen  (Read 1107 times)
sally
« on: June 16, 2007, 11:58:44 AM »

Do you think Jack has already tried this scene?

The only team besides Hendrick not in the running is Roush Racing. Busch drove briefly for Roush Racing before leaving for Hendrick.

"I'm not interested in Kyle Busch," team owner Jack Roush said. "I've been there and I've done that. No, I don't care to elaborate.

Sally
super61
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 01:53:08 PM »

that is classic jack.... and a slap in the face to kyle

ken
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 04:09:49 PM »

I really like that Kyle came out on Sirius radio Thursday and in an interview with Jerry Bonkowski of Yahoo that he had NO idea that he wasn't coming back until Hendrick told him on Monday.  Completely different story from what Hendrick said in the press conference also.  Busch states that he had not talked to any other teams.  I'm rapidly losing all respect for Hendrick after this deal.  First he states he has "no room at the inn" for a new driver and then pulls this deal with Kyle. 

But I'm sure a lot of teams will be beating down Busch's door to sign him, even if Roush isn't. 

Cheryl
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 05:01:50 PM »

I really like that Kyle came out on Sirius radio Thursday 
Cheryl

Huh?Huh?

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 05:05:55 PM »

I really like that Kyle came out on Sirius radio Thursday 
Cheryl

Huh?Huh?

Haha, Brian!  Poor choice of words on my part.   laugh 

How bout he gave his side of the story? 

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 08:39:17 PM »

Now I read that Kyle says his agent was talking to other teams, but not telling him about it.  Obviously there was a whole lot more to this situation than we will probably ever know.

Sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 05:34:59 PM »

Roush's apparent uninterest in Kyle Busch goes back to 2003, while Kyle left Roush Racing's driver development program for Hendrick's largely to escape the shadow of his brother Kurt.  Jack Roush is obviously still unhappy with this.

As for Rick Hendrick's handling of the release, this was shabby.  It was like WWE wrestling, in which Hendrick seemingly planned this event and put in smokescreens to confuse the public as the act played out.  He is normally a class act, but not here. Sad

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 09:05:41 PM »

I have learned that you never believe all that you hear, either from the media, the drivers or owners.  They all "hide" information as suits the situation at the time. 

Personally, I think Kyle Busch will wind up at MWR as Mikey has been bragging on his driving for several months on Inside Cup.  I could be wrong but with the rumor about UPS being unhappy with Jarrett, it just tends to make me speculate in that direction.

And on Wind Tunnel last night, DW said Jr will wind up with a drink sponsosr but it won't be red.  What does he know that he wants to, but won't tell us?  More speculation.......
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 11:51:22 PM »

And on Wind Tunnel last night, DW said Jr will wind up with a drink sponsosr but it won't be red.  What does he know that he wants to, but won't tell us?  More speculation.......

I wouldn't believe anything DW comes up with.  Look at how wrong his buddy, Jeff Hammond, was...

Sorry to disagree, Viv, but I do not believe Kyle Busch is dumb enough to work for MW. 

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 09:34:23 PM »

Boy o boy, there is a lot to respond to on this thread.
 1--Cheryl, he may be too smart to work for MW Racing, but there is the matter of Toyota's dollars, LOTS OF DOLLARS;
 2- Ken, I don't see this as a slap in the face to Kyle. Desmond is correct re the truck deal, but I think the real reason is that Jack invested a lot in KURT, got one championship and a lot of grief for his efforts. Why get involved with Kyle? There is no reason to for Roush.
 JMHO,
 Dick

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 12:53:14 PM »

1--Cheryl, he may be too smart to work for MW Racing, but there is the matter of Toyota's dollars, LOTS OF DOLLARS;

I guess my feeling is that regardless of how much money the Toy car company has thrown at their teams this year, they are all hanging on by a thread, particularly Waltrip.  Busch wants to win races, so I can't see him going to such an organization regardless of how much yen they wave in his face.  I'm sure he'd get plenty of $$$ from any other team that wants him, plus a competitive car which I think is what he wants.

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: