November 19, 2017, 04:10:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Next Shoe  (Read 765 times)
sally
« on: June 18, 2007, 12:33:44 AM »

Wasn't sure where to put this Cheryl, so I decided this was innocuous enough.

NASCAR Counter Sues AT&T for $100 Million: Today NASCAR filed a counter claim in U.S. District Court against AT&T Mobility/Cingular Wireless and AT&T Inc., alleging breach of contract, fraud and misrepresentation, and conspiracy to aid and abet wrongful interference with NEXTELís exclusive sponsorship agreement. NASCAR is seeking a minimum of $100 million in damages. The NASCAR Rule Book governs participation in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series and its contents are agreed to in writing by all NASCAR members and participants. Cingular is a member of NASCAR and agreed to abide by all NASCAR rules and regulations when its representatives signed official documents such as the NASCAR Membership and License Application. NASCARís suit further alleges that AT&T, Cingular and its representatives breached its explicit agreements with NASCAR when they re-branded the #31 car; entered into contract with RCR knowing that they would litigate against NASCAR; and when they sought to ambush Nextelís exclusive sponsorship rights. NASCAR also submitted its response today to a suit filed by AT&T Mobility/Cingular Wireless by soundly rejecting each of their claims. The response demonstrates the clarity of NASCARís rule book and the baseless allegations made by AT&T Mobility/Cingular Wireless in its attempts to re-brand the #31.(NASCAR PR)(6-17-2007)

Sally
super61
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 01:33:46 AM »

this will be the beginning of the end for the series as we now know it... if you are not an "official partner" or "official sponsor"
then you will be shown the door based on the information...we have had this dicussion before about the impact of such a lawsuit and the possible outcome...i still don't understand how a team sponsor will detract from the NEXTEL CUP SERIES branding, the only way it will is if they keep bringing lawsuits against companies that have long been a part of the na$car world because they won't buy into the program

like i said before, support you local short tracks and stop giving the france family your money!!!!!!!
ken
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 01:42:16 AM »

Is Home Depot the official something of NA$CAR? Why no complaints about Lowes and newcomer Menards?

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 12:45:04 PM »

Quote from: long tall sally
The NASCAR Rule Book governs participation in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series

They have a rulebook? Wow, who'd a thunk it.

Quote from: little kenny
like i said before, support you local short tracks and stop giving the france family your money!!!!!!!

That may be the largest and most sound piece of advice that this forum has ever had to offer any racefan.

Lou

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 12:52:02 PM »

NASCAR Counter Sues AT&T for $100 Million: Today NASCAR filed a counter claim in U.S. District Court against AT&T Mobility/Cingular Wireless and AT&T Inc., alleging breach of contract, fraud and misrepresentation, and conspiracy to aid and abet wrongful interference with NEXTELís exclusive sponsorship agreement. NASCAR is seeking a minimum of $100 million in damages.

What a bunch of crap!  Sounds like really desperate measures from a desperate company. 

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 03:03:48 PM »

Seems to me that Nascar never expected to lose in court...since it has happened so seldom.  Nextell certainly hasn't figured out how to wing the goodwill of the fans, has it?
Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 04:07:47 PM »

Just saw this in an article by David Poole at thatsracin.com:

" The timing of NASCARís countersuit in the sponsorship battle involving AT&T is not an accident.

Word here Friday was that Richard Childress Racing was ready to announce a long-term deal with driver Jeff Burton and sponsorship with AT&T, perhaps as soon as Monday.

NASCAR almost certainly wanted to make it clear that itís not yet through fighting that battle. NASCAR doesnít care to be dragged into court, and sure as heck doesnít like losing there."

Now, that explains a lot!

Cheryl

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 05:04:19 PM »

I knew that this was going to happen.  NASCAR doesn't take threats to its authority lying down.

All I am asking is for common sense to prevail - again.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 08:43:26 PM »

I think this is turning a lot of long time, pure racefans off.  I know fans are loyal but does Nascar really think all of the fans buy strickly by sponsor.  We have minds of our own and make our own choices and mine is not based on who the official whatever is of Na$car.  I would like to think that the majority of fans are like that. 
sally
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 08:48:23 PM »

RCR, AT&T, and Jeff burton made it official today...resigned everyone.

So....Nexthell thinks Cingular wsn't a competitor...and AT&T is?  What tey don't realize is, that with their actions against a company that has been asociated with Nascar longer than they have, they are doing more to alienate fans that win them.  But, they've been drinking BF's Kool Aid lately....
Sally
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: