November 23, 2017, 10:38:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Like the new green/white/checkers proposal?  (Voting closed: July 16, 2004, 01:11:03 AM)
Yes, the fans deserve to get their money's worth - 0 (0%)
No, a 2-lap sprint is too risky - 3 (50%)
No, the 2-lap sprint must be completed under green no matter what - 3 (50%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Green/White/Checkers  (Read 2951 times)
sally
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2004, 07:23:50 PM »

I can't really vote on the issue, because I think the whole thing is a farce.  I've never felt I was OWED a green flag finish all the years I've watched Nascar.  I'd rather see something like a 5 lap shootout if they have to do something.  Don't like the 2 lap deal much.
Sally :?
Vivian
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2004, 05:45:18 PM »

I could not vote on only those three options.  Personally, I think they just increased the possibility of more problems.  I think rather than a 2 lap shoot out, they should have just changed it to 5 regardless of the track or the number of laps  they would have to run over the legal length of the race.  Some of the tracks will have major problems and other ones will be a runaway so what good is that going to do?  Keep in mind this is just my opinion and feelings on the subject.  Combined with the C4C it will probably be a bigger travesty than the truck race was Saturday on the restart where Shane got loose and then Bobby retaliated.  Way too much pressure on the drivers. Hopefully I am wrong but all these rule changes have done nothing but create more problems they have to solve.
BAM24/25
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2004, 06:57:01 PM »

Well I am a "new fan" and I don't like the rule and I don't think it fair to say that the new fans were the only ones throwing stuff in Talladega, and blaming us for all the bad things happening in NASCAR.  Alot of times I think it is what the media and TV want and not the fans.  I have no problem with a race ending under caution.

You can't beat what you can't catch!"

old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2004, 07:08:10 PM »

I hope Kenny Wallace really doesn't believe that the fans want to see crashes like in the truck race Saturday night. I surely do not. I want to see racing, not crashes.
Cheryl, I thought Kenny was awful on this race. I'm not a big fan of his anyhow, and I thought that this race demonstrates why.
Dick

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
BAM24/25
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2004, 07:10:31 PM »

I am with you.  He was way to manic for me.  I wanted to reach through the TV and stick something in his mouth to shut him up.  I really enjoyed watching him on NASCAR 360 but announcing a race?  No thanks.

You can't beat what you can't catch!"

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2004, 07:10:51 PM »

Quote from: "BAM24/25"
Well I am a "new fan" and I don't like the rule and I don't think it fair to say that the new fans were the only ones throwing stuff in Talladega, and blaming us for all the bad things happening in NASCAR.  Alot of times I think it is what the media and TV want and not the fans.  I have no problem with a race ending under caution.

Okay, I really don't want there to be a riff between the "new" fans and the "old" fans around here, so we all need to calm down just a little.  

I almost posted something about this yesterday because I firmly believe that the people throwing debris at Talladega were NOT just new fans.  I believe it was a combination of new and old fans, DEI fans and other drivers fans, some who didn't want the race to end under caution and some who didn't like the winner of the race (for whatever reason).  

I think everyone needs to stop making generalizations about who did it, but I hope we can all agree what they did was wrong, whether we are long-time fans or fans who more recently discovered the sport.  OK?  None of us were there, so none of us know for sure the nature of the fans who did it.  

This thread is suppose to be about the G/W/C finish rule, so can everyone please focus on that topic?  

Cheryl
marrtinigirl
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2004, 07:23:04 PM »

Ron, I appreciate you pointing that out, but it still supports the same point--drivers being reckless.  Being impatient, pushing towards the front, trying to get around someone they have no business trying to get around, trying to block....

It all points in the same direction, this could be a huge mess...

But like I said, I hope I am wrong.

Staci
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2004, 09:38:47 PM »

martingal  it's not drivers being reckless it's just the nature of plate racing.that's what happens when you try to mandate safety and take away horsepower has really nothing to do with reckless drivers
marrtinigirl
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2004, 02:12:27 AM »

Quote from: "ronbarnes77"
martingirl that statement  about  the big one at plate tracks coming on restarts is not exactly true.most big ones come ibecause drivers very simply    are being reckless.

Ron, you were the one saying it was driver's being reckless, not me.  I was only agreeing with you, but apparently now you don't even agree with yourself.
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2004, 06:50:17 PM »

martininigirl i concede the point.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: