November 24, 2017, 09:33:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Abandoning a Sinking Ship?  (Read 1986 times)
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 10:48:57 PM »

Hmmm, I see on Jayski that David Reutiman is now rumored to be looking, but below the original blurb is a denial from MWR.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Vivian
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 11:51:11 PM »

David was visibly unhappy about being replaced for the Infineon race at Sonoma.  I would not be surprised if he does leave.  I think he is a good driver but it is hard for me to cheer him in a Toyota and with MWR
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2007, 12:40:06 AM »

I don't blame him for being upset but of the 3 MWR drivers I think he was the most at risk for not qualifying at Sears Point. Was this the first race all three MWR cars qualified? I'm sure no one here cares enough to know Wink.
 On the other hand how does a fellow like David Reutiman learn the road courses? He should at least been allowed to run the West race. I understand that his Busch car was in the top 10 and that was a deciding reason for him to skip Sonoma.

super61
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2007, 01:49:00 AM »

here's my take on this entire MWR season from hell....
1) the race was sponsored by Toyota, so..... every move was made to make sure that as many Toyotas made the field.
2) the team sponsors are near the end of patience with not getting anything for their money, except a call from Buffy, saying they
     missed another race.
3) Mikey has finally begun to realize that he is in way over his head and with the midterm report cards going in the mail soon,
     the letter "F" is in large red letters in every subject
4) we will see many changes in the Toyota lineup for next year or maybe even this year. expect to see some very successful truck and
     busch toyota teams "move" up to run some cup races.
5) mikey will leave all of his extracurricular activities and work as an owner to resolve the lack of being a top tier cup team and
     praying to not be a field filler like some other teams that used to be somewhat competitive.

ken

drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2007, 02:11:36 AM »

4) we will see many changes in the Toyota lineup for next year or maybe even this year. expect to see some very successful truck and
     busch toyota teams "move" up to run some cup races.

The Wyler racing (trucks) and the Riley something or other (Cup lite) Toyota teams out qualified the full time Toyotas at Richmond and Sears Point.

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2007, 05:40:08 PM »

Was this the first race all three MWR cars qualified? I'm sure no one here cares enough to know Wink.
No.  All of them also made the Daytona 500.  This was where Michael Waltrip lost the 100 points due to the fuel additive.

On the other hand how does a fellow like David Reutiman learn the road courses?
He was in the Busch Series race at Mexico and is expected to be in both races at Watkins Glen, scheduled for August.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: