November 21, 2017, 02:57:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feedback on new celebrity racing show  (Read 2967 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: June 07, 2007, 05:45:11 PM »

Tonight, ABC will premiere Fast Cars and Superstars: Gillette Young Guns Celebrity Race.  This competition features 12 celebrities teamed with NASCAR drivers who serve as coaches.

The celebs include William Shatner, Bill Cowher (NFL coach), John Elway, Serena Williams, Tony Hawk, and Jewel.

The regular time is 8 p.m. Eastern, 7 p.m. Central, and sometime after NBA basketball in the Pacific time zone (9:30 p.m. on KABC in Los Angeles; I don't know what time in Medford, OR near where Vivian lives).

This looks to be a fascinating show, and I want to know what you think of it.

More information: http://www.gilletteyoungguns.com/tv

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 05:53:06 PM »

Sorry, Desmond, it's not something I'm going to be wasting my time on.  IMHO, it's not really a "racing show", just another reality show featuring celebrities.

Cheryl
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 06:28:49 PM by Cheryl » Logged
sally
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 05:57:47 PM »

Definitely on my NOT TO WATCH list.  Just more trash programming.

sally
super61
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 11:12:45 PM »

ummmmmmmmm. no, don't think i'll waste my time on it....got some basket weaving to catch up on

ken
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 12:55:56 AM »

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 02:01:42 AM »

Sorry, Des.  I am not interested in seeing more celebrities drawing attention to themselves
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 05:49:14 PM »

So that means I'm the only one who planned to watch.  However, I still missed the premiere last night.  But many shows are available to watch online at ABC.com; if so, I plan to watch it there.

Edit: I did watch the show Sunday night.  It is not remarkable by any means, but I still found the program fascinating.  Not only did the celebrities get to drive race cars, they were paced by the Gillette Young Guns drivers; on the episode I watched, it was Jimmie Johnson.  But this is definitely not a show that I would highly recommend to anyone else, and I certainly wouldn't be able to convert anyone else on this forum that has no interest in watching.

So I move on...[sigh]
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 09:46:53 PM by Desmond » Logged

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 04:24:45 PM »

And here's John Daly's take on the program:
http://dalyplanet.blogspot.com/2007/06/fast-cars-and-superstars-is.html

Strangely, ABC is treating the program like any other, with the usual end credits.  It doesn't look like an infomercial.

super61
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2007, 12:56:10 AM »

not to sound as bashing, but i still see no other board memeber with any remote interest in this topic, so let's let sleeping dogs lie and watch so you think you can dance

ken
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2007, 04:16:27 PM »

As I said when this thread started, I don't consider this "a racing show," so I really would rather not have it discussed on here.  Since Desmond has continued the discussion despite everyone else's lack of interest, I'm going to lock this thread.  I'm also asking that people not start threads on shows like this in the future.  What this "feedback" section was set up for was reviews of shows like NASCAR Now, Raceday, Inside Nextel Cup, Victory Lane, etc.  Shows actually covering stock car racing or stock car bio shows like NASCAR 360, etc.

Thank you!
Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: