November 23, 2017, 05:34:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting Article  (Read 316 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: June 07, 2007, 02:45:28 PM »

From Tommy Thompson at frontstretch.com:

http://www.frontstretch.com/tthompson/9497/

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 05:37:46 PM »

Thank you, Tommy, for changing my perception of Teresa Earnhardt.

Admittedly, I have disliked Teresa since her husband died in 2001.  A few days later, the memorial service took place.  I had to miss the service due to the work I had at the time and I thought that highlights of the Fox telecast would re-air later.  However, I came home and found out that Teresa and other family members prohibited a rebroadcast.  In addition, no still photographs were allowed to be published from inside the church.  If you missed it live, you missed it forever. Angry

In addition, Chris Fowler (who was filling in for Dan Patrick on radio) reported that ESPN had, at first, been allowed to broadcast the service, but was then denied permission in a reversal.  It turned out that Fox Sports had exclusive rights to the coverage! Evil

This left me conflicted.  On one hand, the wishes of the family must always be respected in mourning, but on the other hand, the conditions were curious to me.  Upset at missing out on the historic moment, I took out my frustrations on Teresa. 

I also have blamed her for the lack of a #3 car in the NEXTEL Cup Series since Dale's death, but I understand that better now, NASCAR assigns the number and RCR still has it reserved.

It's too bad Dale Jr. had to go back on the earlier reason he gave for quitting DEI.  "Not competitive?"  Not after what we've seen in the last few weeks!

I wish everyone well as their respective searches continue.  And I will not disrespect Teresa again.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: