November 18, 2017, 06:21:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NASCAR ON TNT Update  (Read 1386 times)
BrettBaldeck
« on: June 05, 2007, 06:44:28 PM »

Well I went to TNT's website today and they got rid of that thing that was listed as "NASCAR On TNT LIVE!". Also the prerace show is now called the "Allstate Countdown To Green". It will begin at 1:30 PM ET this weekend.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 07:05:15 PM »

Thanks for the info, Brett!  I'm looking forward to the return to TNT, but just realized last week that the Fox producer is suppose to be doing their broadcasts as well, I believe.  So we may see some similarities to the way Fox did things.  I really liked the way Fox/TNT did things in past years, so it will be interesting to see how much changes this season.
Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 09:46:59 PM »

I hope they have been reading the internet and realize how important we tv fans are and what we want.  Otherwise, the ratings will continue to be down...
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 05:29:30 PM »

Well I went to TNT's website today and they got rid of that thing that was listed as "NASCAR On TNT LIVE!". Also the prerace show is now called the "Allstate Countdown To Green". It will begin at 1:30 PM ET this weekend.

I'm afraid Rutledge Wood wasn't available. laugh

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
sally
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 11:53:32 AM »

This could be interesting.

TNT will debut its highly-anticipated new NASCAR broadcast format, Wide Open Coverage, during the primetime Nextel Cup Series race - the Pepsi 400 - on Saturday, July 7 from Daytona International Speedway. A groundbreaking new television format, Wide Open Coverage will provide continuous race coverage free of national commercial breaks and will feature animated national sponsor messages, including original branded content and distinct on-screen graphic elements. The unique sponsor graphics and vignettes will appear along the lower portion of the screen in place of traditional commercial interruptions, limiting the telecast to only three local commercial breaks per hour. In addition, the landmark production features 22% more unobstructed race action than that of a standard telecast. Autozone, Direct TV, Ford, Miller Brewing, Pepsi, Principal Financial, Sprint, Subway and Toyota are the initial sponsors for TNT's coverage of the race.(TNT PR)(6-7-2007)

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 12:37:25 PM »

Here's some other information from Jayski:

"TNT Fuels Six Weeks of NASCAR Coverage with New Show, New Set and New Innovative TV format: TNT announced its new programming lineup for the network's upcoming Nextel Cup Series coverage, which includes coverage of six consecutive Cup races beginning on Sunday, June 10th from Pocono Raceway. The NASCAR on TNT Summer Series will feature new race analysts, a new pre-race show that will provide extended trackside coverage prior to the start of each race, and a cutting-edge new television format called Wide Open Coverage which will make its debut Saturday, July 7th from the Daytona International Speedway. TNT's first race telecast of the season will include a tribute to the late Bill France Jr., who passed away earlier this week. The network's summer 2007 race programming marks TNT's 23rd year of televising Cup coverage, making it NASCAR's longest running broadcast partner.
TNT's new NASCAR announcing booth will include seven-year veteran TNT announcers Bill Weber (play-by-play) and Wally Dallenbach (analyst), who will be joined by current Cup Series driver, Kyle Petty. Petty, as previously announced, will serve as an analyst for all six of TNT's Cup races, calling the race in Sonoma, CA on June 24 from behind the wheel of his #45 Dodge. Veteran NASCAR crew chief Larry McReynolds will also join the TNT broadcast team, serving in a specialty role of analyst and reporter. From interviewing crew chiefs on pit road to conducting demonstrations on the TNT Ford Test Car, McReynolds' unique role will take him from the infield set position to various locations around the track to help bring viewers closer to the action.
The network's roster of announcers will be rounded out by veteran pit reporters Marty Snider, Matt Yocum, Ralph Sheheen and Lindsay Czarniak. On June 10th preceding the Pocono 500, TNT will debut "NASCAR on TNT Live!" Hosted by Marc Fein, the show will include all of the TNT announcers and pit reporters who will provide analysis and commentary on the NASCAR season to date. Additionally, the show will include a segment from TNT's six-part series on the roots of racing, entitled "The Pride of NASCAR." The weekly features will spotlight six racing legends and their contributions to the sport, including Richard Petty, David Pearson and Junior Johnson, among others. TNT's 90-minute pre-race coverage will also include the "Allstate Countdown to Green" show, hosted by Bill Weber, which will include the show's signature "Wally's World" segment featuring various celebrities taking a ride around the track with Wally Dallenbach. The network will utilize its new state-of-the-art mobile set for all of its pre-race coverage. Located in the track infield during all six TNT Cup telecasts, the fully-functioning rig features a retractable platform stage that can rotate a full 360-degrees and be raised seven feet off the base of the truck into the air. Once fully extended, the height of rig reaches a towering 26 feet tall.(TNT PR)(6-7-2007)"

Everybody must have a "mobile set" these days, I see, and who the hell is Marc Fein???   Another person who is not affiliated with racing to muddy up the broadcast?   Angry

Cheryl
BrettBaldeck
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 04:34:20 PM »

I guess I was wrong. They still do have the "Nascar On TNT Live!"
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 05:11:29 PM »

and who the hell is Marc Fein???   Another person who is not affiliated with racing to muddy up the broadcast?   Angry

I'm afraid so, Cheryl.  Fein has worked for Turner Sports (TBS/TNT) for some years, mostly as studio host for the Atlanta Braves baseball games on TBS.  He also filled in for Ernie Johnson, Jr. during some NBA games in 2005-06 when Johnson was undergoing cancer treatments.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Steve
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2007, 10:35:52 PM »

Marc Fein made his debut today on SPEED's Happy Hour coverage. So far, he has only done a short segment with Larry McReynolds at the cut-away car.
sally
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2007, 03:48:05 AM »

Maybe the reason they keep putting these 'rookie' announcers in is that it gives them a reason to keep giving 'Nascar 101' information over and over during broadcasts.  Face it...without all those distractions, television would have to spend more time covering the actual race, rather than all those cutaways, and lengthy explanations of things that only newbies need to be told.

Sally
Steve
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 07:54:18 AM »

It just occurred to me... What would happen if the Pepsi 400 gets postponed to Sunday due to rain? Would Wide Open Coverage be out the window?
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2007, 12:34:01 PM »

It just occurred to me... What would happen if the Pepsi 400 gets postponed to Sunday due to rain? Would Wide Open Coverage be out the window?

I doubt it.  If the sponsors have paid the money for the broadcast, TNT would be obligated to show it as "presented by" whenever it is broadcast. 

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: