November 25, 2017, 12:51:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HEY ESPN....  (Read 568 times)
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« on: June 10, 2007, 10:12:30 AM »

..go back to what you do best, covering events with tattooed and pierced kids riding bikes. Your Busch coverage SUCKS!!!!!
 Run Carl,Run!!! How did Carl get here? Run Carl, Run. Look it Carl run!!! Run Carl, Run! Oh No!!! BuckWheat has been shot!! How did it happen? Lets go to the tape!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 10:26:40 AM by drpep (brian) » Logged

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 01:12:38 AM »

If you read my interview with Mike Joy, you might recall he said saying the coverage "sucks" doesn't give them any idea where you want them to improve. If you don't like something the network does, they would like a suggestion on how they can do it better.  I'm sure ESPN feels the same way.  I haven't watched the Busch race yet, but from experience I know the "new ESPN" only cares about the Cup drivers, which is a damn shame. 

But please give a constructive suggestion on how they can make their coverage better, Brian.  Otherwise, if they see posts like this, they're just going to totally ignore anything any of us say here.

Also, I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I've work very hard every week to set up threads to rate all the Busch broacasts this year.  This is not something I've had on the site in past years, but thought was important with a new network covering Busch exclusively this year.  Could you try to think of some positive suggestions on what you'd like to have seen different about the Nashville broadcast and post something under that thread? 

Thanks!
Cheryl
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 01:31:50 AM by Cheryl » Logged
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 01:42:09 AM »

4 A.M., just before work is not the best time to write something. I was so annoyed with ESPN2's taped Busch qualifying coverage. The repeated shots and mentions of Carl Edwards arriving by helicopter reminded me of the Saturday Night Live "Buckwheats been shot" sketch, a takeoff on the excessive replays of President Reagan's shooting. Also, I had before me the qualifying order and had predicted when all commercials breaks would be. I was shocked when ESPN2 went to commercial and came back and seven cars  had been ignored, SEVEN, IN A ROW. I knew some of those cars were going to miss out but not seven. 44 cars attempted qualifications and 14 were NEVER shown or mentioned AT ALL. No final lineup and no mention of who missed the race. At least SPEED, when they return from commercial will usually show the car whose run was missed turning into the garage area or eventually state "while we were gone the #54 ran a 29.72 good enough for 36th". ESPN2 blew off 14 drivers during a stand alone event. Fourteen drivers whose best shot of appearing on TV is when the bulk of the Cup drivers are not there.
 Suzy was nowhere to be found and the stuff with Brad was kept to a minimum. At least he has NASCAR knowledge.
 ESPN needs to focus on the track activities. Televised sports has forgotten why viewers tune in. We are fed so much crap that the sporting event takes a back seat. Try and watch the Olympics next time they air and see if you can find the competition between the airing of human interest story segments.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 10:02:39 PM »

Thanks, Brian, for cleaning it up on the second posting.  While I agree that the first posting wasn't exactly professional criticism, it was still FUNNY! laugh

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 10:39:53 PM »

I didn't get to watch the Busch race yet.  However, I turned it on this morning to tape the replay and will be watching tonight, after we watch the trucks and Arca.  Hopefully, my directv did not freeze up like it did last night and I missed the replay of Inside Cup.  One thing I noticed this morning was the pictures by the names and car #'s on the top scroll.  I kind of liked that.  And of course I love Alan Bestwick being with them.  He is the best, IMO
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: