January 22, 2018, 02:48:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My dad had a stroke  (Read 566 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: June 05, 2007, 07:19:12 AM »

On May 8, my father checked into a clinic after feeling weakness on the left side of his body.  The clinic referred him to a hospital where he was diagnosed with a stroke.  He stayed in hospitals for a little over two weeks.

He returned home on May 25, but he is still not feeling very well.  He still needs a walker to help him get around and needs help from some simple tasks that he was able to do earlier.  For example, he cannot pour himself anything to drink or reach out if an object is placed far away from him.

My father begins outpatient therapy tomorrow.  Please keep praying for him and a full recovery. Smiley

I apologize to all of you for not telling you any of this earlier.  Thank you.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 12:01:14 PM »

Oh!  I'm sorry to hear about your father's illness.  I hope he gets better really soon, Desmond!

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 02:40:33 PM »

Desmond, that is tough for him and for your family. I sure hope he recovers fully.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
super61
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 09:24:49 PM »

Desmond, sorry to hear about your father's illness. your family is in my prayers
ken
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 09:41:34 PM »

Des, so sorry to hear that.  I will remember him and your whole family in my prayers.
shawn
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 11:25:50 PM »

Sorry to hear about you dad.  Here's hoping to a fast and full recovery.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: