November 19, 2017, 10:42:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aflac to Sponsor Biffle  (Read 595 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: June 05, 2007, 12:18:01 PM »

From Jayski:

"Aflac is on the verge of securing a multiyear team sponsorship deal with Roush Fenway Racing, Street & Smith's SportsBusiness Journal reports. Staff writer Michael Smith also cites sources who say that the company is talking to NASCAR about acquiring official status in the category of supplemental insurance. Aflac's sponsorship with Roush Fenway is expected to include four Nextel Cup races this year as the primary sponsor on Greg Biffle's #16 car. The car is sponsored by Ameriquest, a troubled subprime lender that has been looking to sell off races and get out of the final two years of its deal. Aflac also will be featured as a primary sponsor for four Busch Series races this year, the story says, and to settle into a full-time Busch Series sponsorship with Roush Fenway for 2008. An announcement about the sponsorship is expected sometime this month. The story also says that Aflac was involved in discussions with Dale Earnhardt Inc. for a deal that would have involved Dale Earnhardt Jr., but that deal fell through before Earnhardt's announcement that he'd leave DEI.(NASCAR Scene)(6-4-2007)"

Great...now we'll be innundated with those annoying commercials even more...

Cheryl
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 12:29:30 PM by Cheryl » Logged
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 02:44:17 PM »

Oh Cheryl! Those are my favorite commercials! I love 'em. Smiley I want a duck!!! Grin

The one with Yogi Berra, for instance is a hoot. And the expression on the face of that guy who simply doesn't believe what he sees is priceless. Grin

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 02:49:01 PM »

I don't have a problem with the commercials themselves that much...but that stupid duck quacking and waddling across the screen during live racing drives me crazy!  It was mostly on NBC as I recall, so not sure if we'll have to suffer through it on TNT starting Sunday.

I can ff'd or mute commercials, but don't like being suprised by it (or anything loud and obtrusive) during the actual racing.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 03:53:11 PM »

Then again, this possible sponsorship would be an appropriate tribute to Benny Parsons, who first shared Biffle's potential with the public and eventually with Jack Roush, thereby launching his career.

After all, we all remember him saying, "Cue the duck!" Wink

P.S. Parsons saw him while calling the action on Winter Heat, a series of short track races that was shown on ESPN.  Ironically, as John Daly has pointed out, the current ESPN management has ignored the short track and weekly series action in NASCAR racing (that is, unless Jeremy McGrath is competing).

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 09:51:41 PM »

My favorite one is the one where they have a goat in the office eating the papers and responding "Naaaahahaaah"  What a crack up.   laugh
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 12:29:16 PM »

Per Jayski:

"Aflac to sponsor Biffle? UPDATE 2 announce on Friday? hearing that former #7 Robby Gordon Motorsports crew chief, Greg Erwin will be Biffle's new crew chief. Also hearing that Aflac will sponsor the #16 Ford as the primary in a few races Ameriquest is supposed to sponsor. Ameriquest if looking to get out of their sponsor contract with Roush Fenway Racing.(5-23-2007)
UPDATE: Aflac is on the verge of securing a multiyear team sponsorship deal with Roush Fenway Racing, Street & Smith's SportsBusiness Journal reports. Staff writer Michael Smith also cites sources who say that the company is talking to NASCAR about acquiring official status in the category of supplemental insurance. Aflac's sponsorship with Roush Fenway is expected to include four Nextel Cup races this year as the primary sponsor on Greg Biffle's #16 car. The car is sponsored by Ameriquest, a troubled subprime lender that has been looking to sell off races and get out of the final two years of its deal. Aflac also will be featured as a primary sponsor for four Busch Series races this year, the story says, and to settle into a full-time Busch Series sponsorship with Roush Fenway for 2008. An announcement about the sponsorship is expected sometime this month. The story also says that Aflac was involved in discussions with Dale Earnhardt Inc. for a deal that would have involved Dale Earnhardt Jr., but that deal fell through before Earnhardt's announcement that he'd leave DEI.(SceneDaily.com)(6-4-2007)
UPDATE: Roush Fenway Racing will announce the addition of a multi-team sponsor on Friday, June 15, 2007 at 9:30am/et at MIS with #16-Greg Biffle, #17-Matt Kenseth, #26-Jamie McMurray, #00-Carl Edwards and team owner Jack Roush.(Roush Fenway Racing PR)(6-15-2007)"

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: