November 23, 2017, 09:44:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Conspiracy Theory  (Read 709 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: May 29, 2007, 09:16:12 PM »

John Daly had an interesting article about the Fox coverage.  He said a reader had written him suggesting that Fox won't show anyone but the leader crossing the line these days in order to encourage fans to buy that Hot Pass thing on DirecTV.  Interesting...BTW, after that Chris Long was on XM a month or so ago, claiming the Winston would be another free preview, it wasn't...TV guys not telling the truth?  What a surprise.... Roll Eyes

The article by Daly is not the first one on his page - maybe fourth one down called "Kyle Petty Gets No Respect from Fox Sports."

http://dalyplanet.blogspot.com/2007/05/kyle-petty-gets-no-respect-from-fox.html

Cheryl

Vivian
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 01:14:34 AM »

Very good article.  And he made some excellent points.

About Kyle Petty, he gave one of the best interviews I have seen in a long, long time.  He did not really seem to care about the distinction they gave him, but about the racing and race as a whole.  I would love to see that interview again, but unfortunately he is not one of the favored ones who do get their interviews shown over and over. 

Sad, huh?
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 12:21:08 PM »

Claire on XM had quite a bit of coverage of Kyle on her show yesterday, including a really good article with his wife, Patti.  She was SO enthusiastic - said she felt like he'd won the race.  It was nice to see those two actually have something to be giddy about after the tragedy of losing their son 7 years ago. 

As most of you can tell, I've gone out of my way to listen to Claire's show more since she stuck with XM, even with them losing the actual race coverage to Sirius.  She always has a lot of guests and follows up on ALL the stories, not just the ones TV covers. 

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 03:25:44 PM »

Claire on XM had quite a bit of coverage of Kyle on her show yesterday, including a really good article with his wife, Patti.  She was SO enthusiastic - said she felt like he'd won the race.  It was nice to see those two actually have something to be giddy about after the tragedy of losing their son 7 years ago. 

As most of you can tell, I've gone out of my way to listen to Claire's show more since she stuck with XM, even with them losing the actual race coverage to Sirius.  She always has a lot of guests and follows up on ALL the stories, not just the ones TV covers. 

Cheryl

Very good on both points, Cheryl. I try to catch her show now and then, but it doesn't fit too well in my schedule. I still like Claire.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 07:06:08 PM »

Interesting...BTW, after that Chris Long was on XM a month or so ago, claiming the Winston would be another free preview, it wasn't...TV guys not telling the truth?  What a surprise.... Roll Eyes

Really?  Now I have to go back to the NASCAR Hot Pass page on Wikipedia and change that.  I'll end up having to contradict one of your posts with another one as sources... Huh?

As for not showing the 45 car across the finish line, this was not the only reason, but it didn't help Kyle Petty that he is going off to work for "the enemy."  Granted, it's the same NASCAR coverage, but brought to us by a different corporation with a different staff and different ideas on how to produce and distribute a race. (At least I hope so!)  Thankfully, Larry Mac did point out J.J. Yeley's and Petty's finishes once they crossed the start/finish line.  So there was some coverage, just not the ideal amount.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 07:13:57 PM by Desmond » Logged

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 07:13:34 PM »

Please don't quote ME in Wiki-whatever!  I only repeated what I heard someone say on the radio.  If you have quoted me on there, please just delete whatever and leave my name out of it, okay? 

Obviously, DirecTV and Hot Pass changed their minds after Chris Long stated there would be another free preview. 

Thanks!
Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 07:20:32 PM »

Please don't quote ME in Wiki-whatever!  I only repeated what I heard someone say on the radio.  If you have quoted me on there, please just delete whatever and leave my name out of it, okay? 

Obviously, DirecTV and Hot Pass changed their minds after Chris Long stated there would be another free preview. 

Done!  I have removed the all-star race references completely.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 03:46:39 AM »

I agree with Daley's comments about the coverage.  TV coverage only seems to care about the lead car even if there are ten cars competing for tenth place.
It seemed to me the "real" cautions probably upset several pit strategies and resulted in a somewhat (to me) surprising ending.  It was a strange race IMHO, so many single car spins and the ensuing carnage, but I'm tickled to see Kyle with a top five finish and Kyle has ran well at Dover in the past...a changing coming?  I doubt it, but would love to see the Petty's come back:( 

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: